Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 82 mustang gt 5.0 t-top and have a couple questions.

It has an edelbrock performer intake, and a 4 barrel carb. It looks like they didn't hook up a pcv valve so i was wonder if i can run dual breathers on the valve covers instead of a pcv valve ?

Also where is the fuse block located ?

Another thing is that sometimes it seems like the oil pressure on the guage doesnt go up but it doesnt knock or anything so it has to have pressure. Anyone have any suggestions ? Could that be cause from the pcv valve ?

Also my tach doesn't work, the speedometer works fine but the tach doesnt. If anyone has any info on that or what wires to look for.

The heater control doesnt change from heat to defrost, it will defrost but it wont blow out the vents.

Sorry for all the questions just a new owner and want to get all this taken care of so that i can drive it. But i picked it up for $500 and couldnt pass it up, i will try to get some pics if any of you are interested.

·
Registered
3,406 Posts
LazuR said:
I just bought a 82 mustang gt 5.0 t-top and have a couple questions.

It has an edelbrock performer intake, and a 4 barrel carb. It looks like they didn't hook up a pcv valve so i was wonder if i can run dual breathers on the valve covers instead of a pcv valve ?

Also where is the fuse block located ?

Another thing is that sometimes it seems like the oil pressure on the guage doesnt go up but it doesnt knock or anything so it has to have pressure. Anyone have any suggestions ? Could that be cause from the pcv valve ?

Also my tach doesn't work, the speedometer works fine but the tach doesnt. If anyone has any info on that or what wires to look for.

The heater control doesnt change from heat to defrost, it will defrost but it wont blow out the vents.

Sorry for all the questions just a new owner and want to get all this taken care of so that i can drive it. But i picked it up for $500 and couldnt pass it up, i will try to get some pics if any of you are interested.
You can run a PCV, just get the valve and an oil-fill cap which accepts it, and supply vacuum from the carb base-plate. Then, install a PCV filter oil cap on the pass side valve cover.
Fuses are to the left of the steering column. You have to remove the panel under the column (4 screws). Might be a fuse affecting the tach. I know that happened in my '84 Capri.
I also had an '82 GT, and its heater did the same thing. You can check to see if the vacuum line to the HVAC is connected (top pass. side firewall). Mine had a bad actuator behind the dash.
Pics would be cool, I miss mine.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanx meangreen. We got the pcv valve going into the intake manifold. and we did find a cap based one. It was leaking antifreeze out the thermostat housing so we took it apart replaced the thermostat just because we had a new one, put in a new gasket and put it back together, so i just gotta get a couple new hoses and it should be all set. I think there might be a small knock, maybe rod bearings, but for $500 im just gonna run it till she blows and save up some money so i can build a motor to put in it. its not that bad though and seems to run pretty good, we need to time her and get everything hooked back up (the hoses) and i'll be set to drive her around.

·
Registered
3,406 Posts
Sweeeeeet. What about them pics? Mine was medium red, sunroof, TRX wheels, black cloth interior, AC/premium sound, cruise, rear wiper(God, I wish I'd saved that hatch), pretty much every thing but power windows and locks. Back in '92, I beat a new GT in it. My favorite color on them is silver.
Of course I'm one to clamor for pics when my cheap ass won't go out and buy a camara.:) I do want to get pics of the meangreen machine up here.

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
LazuR: stop by these 'sites when you have a chance

http://www.foureyedpride.com
Dedicated to the preservation and promotion of '79-'86 Mustangs, Capris, and SVOs

http://www.mustanggt.org
Dedicated to the documentation and preservation of '82-'93 Mustang GTs

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Still havent got them pics here on the comp. Been working a lot and been really busy, i will try to get them up soon.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.