Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where to find a cover plate that sits above the rear speakers in the Convertibles? My friends were sitting in the back seat and broke the plate off. I have been looking for about 3 months now and still can't find one. I would like it to be new but if it is used that would be fine with me.

I also drive a 1999 Ford Mustang (convertible of course).

Thanks!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I'll let you know and if you want go to a ford dealership and talk to them. That's what I just did yesterday. If the dealership out by me has any extras that he finds I'll make sure to grab you one.

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
you could also get the panel at a junkyard and just swap them out.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've been looking for a convertible in a junk yard. I've been looking for months. If someone could find one for me that would be great. I would buy it off you too. I just want my interior to be complete again.

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
can you get us a picture? im sure one of the yards in my area will have what you need(just not sure if they will have the color), if i can find it and get a price I can let you know,and if need be ship it out to you.

Also are you just checking you pull it junkyards? Those always have scraps where I am, however the non you pull it, aka i say i need X part they come back 20 minutes later with the part, they tend to have a much better selection of interior parts.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I've been to every junkyard in my area and no one has one at all. I've been looking for almost 7 months now. If anyone can find one I'd do the same and buy it off of you

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
alright, os its basicaly a speaker grill then, not the whole panel, ill see if i find anything next time i go to the yard.

As for the color, dont worry, i have a blue LED in my dome light as well.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Funny thing is I'm missing the same panel as him. I don't care what color you can find in your yard. I can just go bring it to a body shop by me to get it repainted. But I would love it if someone would find the part because I've looked at all the junkyards out by me in a 50 mile radius.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Guys, I'm pretty sure I have that speaker cover back at home... I had to replace the WHOLE panel but my old speaker cover was good. I looked and looked at junkyards and couldn't ever find the whole plastic piece. Literally, I covered like every salvage yard in 3 states. I checked craigslist and ebay all the time and never found anything either. I finally found it online at some "vintage" ford parts reseller, can't remember the website right now though... I'll look for it.

·
Registered
66 Posts
It's just a plain cover, the speaker is actually under that piece I'm missing. Color won't matter but I have the black charcoal color in mine just in case. But thanks any help would help, I hate how it looks with that piece missing.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I should be home before next weekend, I'll check and see if I still have it. I am pretty sure I do. It was black charcoal as well (although I'm not sure the speaker covers actually change in color.) If I find it i can take a pic and either email or txt it to whoever might want it. Just let me know!

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
checked the local yard here, unfortunately they didnt have any convertibles-but they had some spare rims for me xD

1 - 17 of 17 Posts