Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1993 mustang, on a fairly hot day on a drive, my electric fans failed temp gauge went up almost to 220 or so, pulled over and found fuses for electric fan blown replaced them fans came on... waited till temp lowered, restarted... ran fine fans on... cont. driving temp gauge started to rise quickly, with no warning at all engine stalled... it would crank freely but would not start, some backfiring and very rough idle. since then ive replaced ignition module, coil, spark plugs, also verified no water in cylinders, no water in oil.... is this a computer protect mode, or a egr valve or possibly clogged catalytic converters...
thanks for reading any help would be great

·
Registered
395 Posts
Hard to say what is wrong. Check for spark and fuel first and then check codes and see what the computer has to say. And rough idle could be a head gasket they dont like getting hot.. get a cooling system pressure tester and see if she hold pressure. if not you have a leak somewhere and hopefully its not a head gasket. Or worse a warped/cracked head. But 220 isnt extremely hot or overheated so i dont think you warped/cracked a head. just do what i said and see what you get first. Codes would be where i would start first. its simple and free to do. If you need help pulling them just ask.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts