Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok Guys, I have the four bolts holding the crank pulley on, now how do I get the crank pulley to come off. That thing seem sto have been welded on tight. (Slight exageration there) but I cannot pry it loose. Any ideas, without special tools. Thanks

·
Registered
4,809 Posts
The crank pulley only goes on with 4 bolts. Might try hitting it with a mallet to break it free.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Just put my own U/D pulleys on my '95 last week. Crank pulley wasn't a problem - I just put a screwdriver behind it between the pulley and harmonic balancer, pried, and it popped right off. Water pump pulley was the problem one for me. FYI - I didn't notice what year you had but I just left my factory alternator pulley on. Was only an 1/8" diameter difference - figured not worth the trouble. When it was all put together, the tensioner was in the original position as with the factory pulleys!

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
KK95GT said:
Just put my own U/D pulleys on my '95 last week. Crank pulley wasn't a problem - I just put a screwdriver behind it between the pulley and harmonic balancer, pried, and it popped right off. Water pump pulley was the problem one for me. FYI - I didn't notice what year you had but I just left my factory alternator pulley on. Was only an 1/8" diameter difference - figured not worth the trouble. When it was all put together, the tensioner was in the original position as with the factory pulleys!
You are correct. Went back out, put pry bar behind it, and it popped right off. Thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.