Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I've changed the clutch and flywheel (the previous started to slip under hard load). Last year (when I installed my first aftermarket twin-disc clutch kit) I did a crank sensor relearning procedure in dealership, cause this sensor is directly behind the flywheel. But that time my car was almost stock.

Now I have Vortech S/C, BAP, Boss Intake, 60lb/hr injectors, etc.

So my question is: can i relearn it with my custom SCT tune without returning to stock? Because engine must be working during relearning and my stock tune will not work with mods.

This is TSB

21474 SOME VEHICLES COULD EXHIBIT MISFIRE CODES AFTER CERTAIN REPAIRS - MULTIPLE VEHICLE LINES
SOME VEHICLES EQUIPPED WITH ON BOARD DIAGNSTICS (OBD) MISFIRE MONITOR NEUTRAL PROFILE LEARNING CAPABILITIES MAY EXPERIENCE THE MIL ILLUMINATING ACCOMPANIED BY ONE OR MORE ENGINE MISFIRE CODES P030X IF THE CRANKSHAFT POSITION SENSOR PROFILE (MP_LRN) IS NOT RELEARNED FOLLOWING CERTAIN HARD ENGINE REPAIRS. THE MP_LRN DATA IS NO LONGER CLEARED WITH A KAM RESET OR BATTERY DISCONNECT. REPAIRS THAT REQUIRE RELEARNING THE MP_LRN DATA: CRANK SENSOR,CRANK SENSOR, TRIGGER WHEEL, ENGINE TIMING, DAMPER, CRANKSHAFT, ENGINE, FLYWHEEL/FLEXPLATE, CLUTCH (MANUAL TRANS), PRESSURE PLATE (MANUAL TRANS),TORQUE CONVERTER (AUTO TRANS). FROM THE IDS TOOLBOX SELECT "POWERTRAIN", THEN "SERVICE FUNCTIONS", THEN "MISFIRE MONITOR NEUTRAL PROFILE CORRECTION" AND FOLLOW THE PROMPTS.
EFFECTIVE DATE: 08/26/2010

·
Registered
407 Posts
You can do a relearn with your current tune, just find a shop that has the Ford IDS diagnostic system. It only takes a few minutes to do this.

*Just realized you are in Russia. This relearn can not be done with an SCT tool. I believe Rotunda makes the IDS tools and you'll need a computer with software and a current update to cover the 2011 MY model. If there is a delearship nearby that does Land Rovers or Volvo's they may have the tools since the diagnostics protocols were the same until very recently. (in other words they would have the tool to cover older year models and it would likely still be up to date). GL!

·
Registered
406 Posts
What's happening. .....? Spuradic idle? Stalling?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Entrenched
Thank You for the info! :bigthumbsup I'll go to the Ford dealer on Monday.

alex1980
Flashing CEL and misfire code are happening. I've already had the same problem last year after installing RAM. Now I've changed the clutch&flywheel again.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Posted in error.

·
Registered
406 Posts
That's weird I switched out my clutch.....flywheel.....and slave cylinder and didn't have to do any relearn or programming of any type. And that was almost a year ago so I'm sure I would have had some issues

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
I went to the dealer today to have this done and they were unable to do the relearn with my procharger dyno tune in the car. They want me to revert my tune to stock and then do the relearn..i didnt have my tuner with my but idk how this is going to work..i have different injectors in the car then the stock ones.

Will it run for the two minutes they need to rev it up in neutral with ids plugged in

·
Registered
1 Posts
hey man where exactly did you find that information for the crank sensor relearn. i know you said it was a tsb but im having trouble finding it. The reason being, I had a shop install a new transmission, slave cylinder, clutch and flywheel. After 40 miles of driving my car after picking it up, my motor literally blew up, broken connecting rods, block is toast, pistons were destroyed. My mustang mechanic said the damage is %1000000000 because the shop that installed those parts DID NOT doing a crank sensor relearn. I need actually ford documentation so i can show that shop because they are denying its even possible but ive heard so many different things that i have no idea. If i could please receive some insight on this i would greatly appreciate it!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts