Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm finally getting to the point where I can actually get myself a mustang. I've been planning on a low mileage 2013 GT, I've found some sweet deals with under 10,000 miles for between 23-26k. But....I was just surfing one of the sites I regularly check and I found a new, 2016 GT with 26 miles listed for a little under 28,000. The cheapest I have seen on 2015's has been about 31,000. Has anyone seen prices like this? Is it likely a problem car they are trying to offload or are deals that good on new GT's really out there?

·
Super Moderator
2,869 Posts
So I'm finally getting to the point where I can actually get myself a mustang. I've been planning on a low mileage 2013 GT, I've found some sweet deals with under 10,000 miles for between 23-26k. But....I was just surfing one of the sites I regularly check and I found a new, 2016 GT with 26 miles listed for a little under 28,000. The cheapest I have seen on 2015's has been about 31,000. Has anyone seen prices like this? Is it likely a problem car they are trying to offload or are deals that good on new GT's really out there?
Depends on many things... Such as what options it has and if classified as new or used will be the biggest factors. Is a base model 2016 with no options and USED, DEMO, or New? If not new and base model with no options then I can say the 28K is still a great deal, but in line with market value.

When I was looking at left over NEW 15 GT's a couple months ago I was finding optioned out NEW 15's for 35-36K and base models for around 30K.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Depends on many things... Such as what options it has and if classified as new or used will be the biggest factors. Is a base model 2016 with no options and USED, DEMO, or New? If not new and base model with no options then I can say the 28K is still a great deal, but in line with market value.

When I was looking at left over NEW 15 GT's a couple months ago I was finding optioned out NEW 15's for 35-36K and base models for around 30K.
Looks like it is a base model but it is brand new.

·
Super Moderator
2,869 Posts
Looks like it is a base model but it is brand new.
Sounds like a good deal! Even though it is a base model if NEW and not demo or something I think you found a great deal and I would at the least go take a look. If that is what you are wanting I would grab it before somebody else does.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sounds like a good deal! Even though it is a base model if NEW and not demo or something I think you found a great deal and I would at the least go take a look. If that is what you are wanting I would grab it before somebody else does.
I would like to but I think its more than I should spend.

·
Super Moderator
2,869 Posts
I would like to but I think its more than I should spend.
Only you know that answer.

I will just throw out a couple things you said you were looking at 13-14's for 23-26K. The 2016 is only 2K more. It is easily worth the extra 2K as in better motor, arguable better handling with IRS, and many other upgraded features even though it is a base model. Two other important factors is the fact it has a full factory warranty and with it being NEW you know from the start how it is maintained and driven.

In my area a 2013-2014 for 23-24K will be base models with premiums going for 26-28K. So for a 16 to price at 28K that is really good.

I am not trying to make the decision for you. Just wanted to give my .02 as I have been in your same position many times on when to buy or not.

One last thing to keep in mind is it is a dealer and they are always open to offers and never list at their final price.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Only you know that answer.

I will just throw out a couple things you said you were looking at 13-14's for 23-26K. The 2016 is only 2K more. It is easily worth the extra 2K as in better motor, arguable better handling with IRS, and many other upgraded features even though it is a base model. Two other important factors is the fact it has a full factory warranty and with it being NEW you know from the start how it is maintained and driven.

In my area a 2013-2014 for 23-24K will be base models with premiums going for 26-28K. So for a 16 to price at 28K that is really good.

I am not trying to make the decision for you. Just wanted to give my .02 as I have been in your same position many times on when to buy or not.

One last thing to keep in mind is it is a dealer and they are always open to offers and never list at their final price.
Those are some good points. It would be really nice to know the car's entire history. I'm still not sure I'll buy it but I might see if I can get them to drop their price any more over email. Not likely since it's already pretty low, but if they do it could make the decision really easy.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm also hoping to be able to get a better deal because we're heading into winter soon and they're less likely to sell then.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Check the fine print. Sometimes prices listed on the Internet sites is just to get you on the lot where you find out that you don't meet the criteria for all the rebates they show. Military retired, recent college grad, first-time buyer, repeat buyer/loyalty programs are just a few examples of things I have seen.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Sounds like a great price. I would double check that is a selling price and does not include every rebate, guaranteed trade, down payment of..., processing fees etc. Dealers in my area are notorious for the "Great price with fine print." You would have to be a college student, army ranger, single mom trading in a 1991 Ford Festiva and $2500 cash to qualify for the advertised price around here.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sounds like a great price. I would double check that is a selling price and does not include every rebate, guaranteed trade, down payment of..., processing fees etc. Dealers in my area are notorious for the "Great price with fine print." You would have to be a college student, army ranger, single mom trading in a 1991 Ford Festiva and $2500 cash to qualify for the advertised price around here.
Yeah they probably are. I emailed them and asked what they had included on the price.

·
Super Moderator
2,869 Posts
Check the fine print. Sometimes prices listed on the Internet sites is just to get you on the lot where you find out that you don't meet the criteria for all the rebates they show. Military retired, recent college grad, first-time buyer, repeat buyer/loyalty programs are just a few examples of things I have seen.
Both of the above posts are really great points. I don't know why I forgot to mention that as I just ran into those very issues a couple months ago when I was looking. To add!! GET THE PRICE YOU AGREE ON IN WRITING! As they can say one price on the phone and when you get there it is different.

Yeah they probably are. I emailed them and asked what they had included on the price.
Keep us posted and good luck!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So... to get the price you have to be a military veteran, police officer, college student, who is a member of the American Quarter Horse Association and already owns a focus or fiesta. :|

I hate car dealers.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
10 Posts
That's not too far off from attainable price on a 16, I was quoted 29250 for a 16 gt base before any rebates, I ended up spending a little more with the performance package and recaros in the car I finally bought but they still took a good amount off. It was about 4k discount which I feel is more than fair on a car like this.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts