Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Normally I wouldn't do things like this, but it made me sad and laugh all at the same time.

Old thread I found I'm sure others have seen it. Sorry if I broke any rules by doing this. I just thought it was a funny incident... sort of.

I quote,"My car was idling like crap the other day so I figured since I just got it, it may have been awhile since anyone changed the oil out. I decided to go ahead and change the oil. I used Mobile 1 synthentic oil like I was reccomended on here. Anyways, I drain out the oil and noticed it was extremely dark and even after 10 minutes of draining, it was still coming out. I decided to go ahead and flush it to make sure all the bad stuff got out. I hooked up the hose, ran water through the engine, started it up and was waiting for the water to come out clean (The engine never went above idle so I was told this would be ok). Anyways, About 3 minutes into this, then engine starts shaking and shuts off. I figured it was all cleaned out so I plugged it up, added the oil and figured I was ready to go. WRONG! The car won't freaking start now. This car has been nothing but trouble for me, I think I am done with it."

Won't say the guys name or where its from as that's mean. Not me btw... I repeat this is not me.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Haha yeah I've heard that one before. I certainly hope it's just a joke. But sadly, I'm sure there is someone stupid enough to do it.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Ouch, Poor guy, probably got it confused with a coolant flush.

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
ba ha ha ha thats amazing :heha:

·
Registered
912 Posts
just made my night

·
Registered
487 Posts
why is this funny? i do this often to my car to make sure its clean an all the bad stuff is out...got to look out for that bad stuff.

:shigrin

·
Banned
1,207 Posts
On the forum it was originally posted at there are other posts by the same guy asking how to add oil through the dipstick and other really ignorant questions. It seems very real.

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
Unfortunately there are plenty of people out there that are this stupid.

I'll be back... I need to go grease my muffler bearings! :laugh:

·
Banned
1,784 Posts
my dad was a mechanic for years and he told me a story one time.

i guess some guy who was friends with the shop owner needed to do an oil change but didnt want anybody but him to work on the car but himself. so the owner let the guy use the lift, his tools, and anything else he needed to do the work. right off the bat, my dad knew this guy had not a clue what he was doing. he started draining the oil and i guess the guy decided to just flush it and put all new oil in. so he drains it all out, puts the plug in the oil pan, puts the lift down, and drives the car out of the garage WITH NO OIL. he drove it out, parked it in a spot outside, and with it running he put all of the oil in.

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
Unfortunately there are plenty of people out there that are this stupid.

I'll be back... I need to go grease my muffler bearings! :laugh:
While your at it dont forget to change your 710 and blinker fluid. :gringreen

·
Registered
97 Posts
wow thats just as bad as the Subaru kid that wanted to port and polish his intake. He threw a bag of sand into the turbo and held it at red line :cooldude:

·
Registered
383 Posts
i've got this beat.
My ex gf decided to change the oil in her car so she bought a case of oil back when it was normal to buy a case for under $20. She poured all 12 qts into the valve cover fill and then tried to start the car. it ran for about 3 seconds and f-ed up all sorts of stuff, bent rods, broke the ear off the starter, bent valves, etc. Apparently you can't add 12 qts to a car that has 4 qts in it already(she just added, didn't drain) and then start it and keep cranking on it after it locks up. Freakin Hyundai owners.

·
Registered
339 Posts
I was on the net one night doing some reading and happened upon a topic about DEF. As I read further, I found out it stood for "diesel exhaust fluid". I thought to myself "this has to be some kind of joke right? like headlight fluid?" but to my surprise it's a real thing that helps to lower emissions in newer diesel engines. Imagine that now..:yelwacko:

·
Registered
184 Posts
Well, all I know is that my piston return springs need replacement. Do you think autozone sells a tool for this?

·
Registered
340 Posts
Back in school I got a gym teacher, female, to ask her mechanic to check the blinker fluid and swap it out for the new synthetic stuff. Apparently there were several mechanics in ear shot and all of them laughing. The following day I started running for 1/2 hour a day, for the next three months.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.