Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a creaking/popping noise that happens as I let the clutch out in any gear, cold, hot, running, turned off. Had a buddy let the clutch out and confirmed it was definitely coming from the area of the pressure plate or something inside the inspection window where the fork goes in, as opposed to the cable itself. It happens when the clutch pedal is about 2/3s of the way out. The clutch seems to grab just fine.

I bought the car in December and it is supposed to have a new King Cobra clutch, but I don't know if the pressure plate is new or what.

Any ideas?

TIA

·
Registered
221 Posts
dont sweat it its actually sourt of normal unless you can hear it over the engine while running theres a pivot point where the clutch fork pivots that may need som grease on it or the input shaft where the throw out bearing goes si dry either of these are cheap fixes but some one labor involved if your a novice

·
Registered
46,020 Posts
Sounds like the pivot fork to me.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Any way to lube that w/o dropping the tranny?

I noticed when I was under there that the inspection window cover is gone. Maybe that's letting dust and what not in there. Have to check the j/y for one of those.

·
Registered
221 Posts
yeah take the cover off the side of the cable.pivot point remove the cable from the fork try and spray some pb blaster on it i highly recomed taking the trans out but you maybe able to spray the pivot point and work it in and out a few times..DO NOT GET ANY ON FLY WHEEL OR CLUTCH ASSEBLY

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.