Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have cloth seats in my GT. When the lumbar support is infalted, I hear creaking whenever I move my lower back while sitting in the seat. This is annoying! Does anyone else's driver seat make this noise with the lumbar support inflated?

·
Registered
599 Posts
Mine dont.:)

·
Registered
80 Posts
mooch said:
I have cloth seats in my GT. When the lumbar support is infalted, I hear creaking whenever I move my lower back while sitting in the seat. This is annoying! Does anyone else's driver seat make this noise with the lumbar support inflated?
Mine has nothing to do with the lumbar, cause i hate the thing being inflated. But, mine happens anytime i lean to the right, or when i put pressure on the front of the seat by pressing the clutch (I'm a short guy so my leg puts pressure at that point). It is terribly annoying, thus i'm going to point it out next time i go in to get my window strips replaced (the old ones cut my tint up). Oh as a side note, mine is leather not that it the material matters, cause the sound ... is coming from inside the seat.

·
Registered
181 Posts
mine do as well. its mainly when i get in or when i reach around to get my seat belt

·
Registered
305 Posts
2k5GTC said:
Nope. Not a sqeak, creak, groan, or gasp to be heard. :wavey
OOOHHH! Lucky you. Anyway, mine will creak sometimes in the right position when I speed up or slow down especially when coming to and leaving a light or stop sign. I suggest readjusting your seat a few times and it should stop or at least decrease.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I shouldn't have to adjust the way I sit. The seat should NOT make any noise at all, in any position. This is a new car. Has anyone taken it back to the dealer to get it looked at?

·
Registered
106 Posts
mooch said:
I shouldn't have to adjust the way I sit. The seat should NOT make any noise at all, in any position. This is a new car. Has anyone taken it back to the dealer to get it looked at?
I did and they fixed it. No they did not replace the seat, and it does not creak anymore. Not sure what they did but before I could just sit in it and it would make creak like mad. All quiet now.

·
Registered
87 Posts
yes i do hear a sqeak between once in a while, but it's very small, I will have it checked when doing my first oil change in the dealership, it's about 5,000 km now, I noticed, the engine does not respond very well if it's about to dry out of oil. have it checked man.

·
Registered
80 Posts
zman2800 said:
I did and they fixed it. No they did not replace the seat, and it does not creak anymore. Not sure what they did but before I could just sit in it and it would make creak like mad. All quiet now.
Apparently this is becoming more of an occurrance. I took mine in and the service rep said his brother was having the same problem with his. And the scenario the squeak was happening was at a stop and go. What happens is that with the force of the seat being pushed forward and back (stop and go) there was wear. They ended up replacing the seat track and the actual seat just to be sure. Now there is not noise. I don't know if this has solved it long term, but I guess I will see in another 7,000 miles (cause that's when it started happening on mine) I would say if you are hearing this problem at all just take the car in.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Mine creaks. Seems to be a cloth thing. Anyone with leather experiencing this? Inflating the lumbar creates a whole new ensemble of weird twangs, pops, and other amusing sounds. It's nice to know that the dealers can cure this.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
My seat is a creaker as well but after a breakfast burrito it goes away.:)

·
Registered
234 Posts
Mine creaked too but it was the seat belt on the right side rubbing on the seat (leather) some conditioner cleared that up

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
No creaks, but the front flaps come undone all the time. Did I mention that hottie avatar above? :drool:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts