Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering how many people here owns or had owned other performance cars from other car makes? This is my first Ford, I have owned 3 Camaros, 1 Corvette, I currently own a 1970 Chevelle SS. I might even get the new C6 corvette when they get a little less pricy. Honestly, I was waiting for a "retro style" camaro to come out, but I hear GM killed the platform that car was going to be built on. I have always been more GM orientated, but the GTO is so damn ugly, and the price is really not worth it. I'm very happy with my stang and I think I might add a Mopar to my lineup so that I can say I have all 3 makes.

06' Mustang GT

Attachments

·
Registered
713 Posts
i ordered 06 gt on 12/3/05, still waiting for it to get serialized. i currently own two old ponchos. a 1969 lemans 400 brandywine/black and a 1968 firebird 400 black/black. i know what your thinking, but i agree, the gto is ugly. i was never a mustang guy...but the new style is awesome and mustangs have always given you great performance for your dolllar.......if they don't get me a car soon though that challanger is looking like its worth waiting for!

Attachments

·
Registered
59 Posts
The 2005 GT is my Fifth Mustang. But the ones I wish I still had were a 1969 Dodge Charger R/T - 440 Magnum and a 1971 Dodge Charger R/T - 440 6 pack. They were both Monster Detroit Pig Iron and I once chased a Policeman who was driving my 69 at over 140 - fast as his car would go and the Dodge was walking away (160 max on the speedometer). We never did figure out how fast it would go, but the 3:18 would move you down the road. I also had a Stang in with these two Dodges but I cannot remember what it was (sure it was a II but do not remember the year). 93 Mustang LX -- 89 Mustang LX and 86 Mustang LX -- NONE as impressive as the 05.

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
Well I am a Trans Am guy... Camaros to. Plus any old Pontiac, but I only had the luck of owning 3 Firebirds so far and 2 Camaros.

I would love to have a new GTO, I think they are bad ass cars and totally hot. Though, I didnt want all the bells and whistles they have on them. If they had offered a lower ption level with the LS2 and I wouldn't be here. Though alas... here I am because Ford offers a V8 stick shift for cheap and I am loving my new stang:drink:

·
Registered
83 Posts
I am in a mixed marriage. My wife is on her 5th Corvette and I am on my 4th Mustang. Our backup is my 3rd Jeep. Guess we stick with what we like. Just before we got married, she bought an 88 Firebird Formula 350, which was a decent car, but not the greatest in build quality.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
I've been in the car hobby for the last 25 years and have restored the following cars and a few more I didn't transfer over to my Photo Bucket archive.Mostly AMC's but I like all American cars from the sixties and getting a chance to experience different cars was really fun.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y46/71Matador/69javelinsst.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y46/71Matador/67CoronetRT2.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y46/71Matador/66Charger.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y46/71Matador/rakedrebel.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y46/71Matador/66ImpalaSS.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y46/71Matador/68CameroL79.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y46/71Matador/67rebel2.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y46/71Matador/67RebelSST.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y46/71Matador/1968rebelsst.jpg
This last 68 RebelSSt was an unrestored original that only had 35k miles on it when I found it back in 91'.I've ended my old car hobby due to health problems but my new MustangGT is my last ride. I'm looking forward to many hi-way miles on the 06'.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sincitystang you have good taste, I have the very same body mods (Street Scene body kit with Roush spoiler) minus the quarter window louvers. Looks good!

·
Registered
403 Posts
Ive always been a 'ford guy' at heart, but had a mix over the years-
1) 69 galaxie 500 429-4v 2 door cop car- Best engine ever built IMHO
2) 71 ltd 400-2v tank...
3) 71 Elcamino 350-2v
-4v
396-4v * this motors still in the garage- after 3 vehicles...
4) 69 camaro 307-2v
396-4v *
5) 74 capri 4 cyl POS
6) 69 Mustang 302-2v
-4v
Awaiting 429-4v since 1985...I should be shot...429 out of #1 car
7) 81 dodge D-150 225-1v POS engine pathetic...pulled at 16k miles
396-4v * great truck motor- drove it daily for 10 years
8) 85 camaro V6-MFI first new car ever bought- just got rid of it
9) 89 Mark VII 302 HO great car, but constantly eating parts
10) 93 F150 300- I6 bought new, just got rid of it
11) 65 Galaxie 500 LTD 289-2v gift from neighbor
12) 98 windstar 3.8 V6 bought new- wifes car
13) *dont count* ordered 06 mustang GT- smacked up at delivery, had to reorder...just realized number 13...hmm
14) 06 Mustang GT 4.6/stick 300 miles on the clock so far but what a blast
to drive :)
numbers 6/8/9/10/11/12 were all still here as of a month or two ago, deal with the wife was to get the mustang, 2 had to go...buddies little girl got the still very pretty camaro(medium blue metallic/centerlines/t-a radials) she was one happy kid, and gave my old F150 to my little brother...
Guys at work were probably glad to see them go, as Ive left 3 sitting in the parking lot the last couple years(fenced/security)- otherwise driveway was like 'playing checkers' as my late neighbor called it :) Now just the poor old lincoln sits there- awaiting bad weather...mustang will stay home.

Love the new Mustang- by far the best 'fitting' as far as driving, and quickest car Ive ever had, but I do miss the feel of a bigblock...I kinda hope someday ford offers a stroker engine even if only couple hundred horse due to rpm limiting, but with the 450-500 ft/lb just off idle of the old bigblocks...if youve never had one, you dont know what youve missed, if you have, ya know what I mean...a ripsnorting smallblock is fast as heck, but its really hard to 'legally' feel the power in everyday useage. A bigblock can 'calmly' and quietly plant you in the seat without need for excessive gear shifting/rpm/NOISE every time you take off...for a daily driver, to me thats where the fun is- gobs and gobs of smooth as silk torque...I miss that. Maybe a few more weeks of the Mustang, I'll forget about the bigblocks, but I doubt it.
Maybe someday we'll see a stroked (severly undersquare) version of the modular, still under 5 litres with enough stroke to hit 450 ftlb at under 3k and still a 5 k redline...I think it could be done(who woulda though a 13.5 second car could peak 29mpg?), and would be even more fun as a daily driver- although even as is, the 4.6 is really a gem of a motor- and it sounds every bit as good as anything Ive ever been in- better than some much bigger engines for sure.

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
funny that an ad for a GTO is on the bottom fo the page:laughlitt

·
Registered
151 Posts
I was an old GM person until the 05 myself. I've had/ restified the following

2 - 72 chevelle's
2 - 78 firebird (formulas)
1 - 54 chevy 1/2 ton (factory automatic) why oh why did I sell it?
1 - 64 LeMans convertable
1 - 64 chevy 1/2 ton still have this one.

Then my wifes various new vehicles. pretty much hated all of the so not worth listing.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Classic Car Corral

Similar deal with the wife :sterb: -- we have 3 '73 Stangs -- Mach 1 CJ, Convertible, and a Grande`. Son is doing an 80 Camaro because it belonged to one of his best friends who died. Now I also have a 74 Charger SE 400 4-V auto, a/c, p/b, etc. all original down to the wheels. Hemi-orange/white vinyl top and white interior. This is the one that has to go, so I've got it for sale. :wavey Awesome car, but a deals a deal :sosad: and I'd rather have the 05 GT with our other 'Stangs.:winks

M-73

·
Registered
65 Posts
I still have my 2002 Impala LS. I use to own a 1979 Camaro Z/28. I ordered it brand new back in 1978. My '05 Mustang is my first car outside of a GM vehicle.

Attachments

·
Registered
88 Posts
Crossed over from Chevy/Mopar

To HTRN-SS: 1969 Dodge patrol car-185 MPH (down hill, I swear) 440 magnum with air cleaner turned upside down.:eyebulge: :eyebulge: :eyebulge:

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Faskev said:
Sincitystang you have good taste, I have the very same body mods (Street Scene body kit with Roush spoiler) minus the quarter window louvers. Looks good!
Fastkev, post a pic of your ride, I am looking forward to look at my evil twin. Everyone likes the mods I did to my car, I still missing the SS grille that is back ordered for like 2 months now. This is my first ford and I can admit this is a really nice car. Wish it had LS2 power, but that can be had with forced induction. It may not be the fastest thing on the road, but its a head turner for sure.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Past Muscle Cars

Going back a few years now. Started out my driving life as a 68 Mercury Montego MX 390ci. auto with tons of power.From there 1970 Hemi Roadrunner 4spd Pistol Grip,Executive Special. ( I know that I could retire on that car now) Sold it cuz my girlfriend at the time did not like gear head cars. What a teenage boy will do for,well you know. Man that car was FAST. Well after moved on to a 1972 Duster 340/365HP 4Spd,Dana Rear. Another fast Mopar.. Then a 70 Nova SS 350ci 4spd on to a 69 Mustang Fastback 351ci Auto. Then went through a long drought for fast cars. Family..(Twins)
Now I am back with my 05 and love every time I drive it. As much as I want to keep the miles down,she cry's to be driven. Oh yeh,can't forget we also have a mint 88 Fiero GT (RedExt.Lowered,Poly Suspension) a Show winner were ever we go. Although the 05 has already picked up some trophies as well. Can't wait till spring....

·
Registered
29 Posts
Cars Owned and Own

I currenlt have my '06 GT Convertible, my previous car was a '91 BMW 325i
sedan. I also currently have a '76 MG Convertible, which is for sale if anyone is interested. I enjoyed the BMW greatly, but, love the power and growl, not to mention the handling of the Mustang.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
05capepony said:
Going back a few years now. Started out my driving life as a 68 Mercury Montego MX 390ci. auto with tons of power.From there 1970 Hemi Roadrunner 4spd Pistol Grip,Executive Special. ( I know that I could retire on that car now) Sold it cuz my girlfriend at the time did not like gear head cars. What a teenage boy will do for,well you know. Man that car was FAST. Well after moved on to a 1972 Duster 340/365HP 4Spd,Dana Rear. Another fast Mopar.. Then a 70 Nova SS 350ci 4spd on to a 69 Mustang Fastback 351ci Auto. Then went through a long drought for fast cars. Family..(Twins)
Now I am back with my 05 and love every time I drive it. As much as I want to keep the miles down,she cry's to be driven. Oh yeh,can't forget we also have a mint 88 Fiero GT (RedExt.Lowered,Poly Suspension) a Show winner were ever we go. Although the 05 has already picked up some trophies as well. Can't wait till spring....
I can't believe that you have a fiero that actually still runs.......

·
Registered
29 Posts
My other cars

Of course I have my '06 GT Convertible, my previous car was a '91
BMW 325i sedan (automatic), I also own a '76 MG convertible, that is for sale, needed to liquidate for the stang, well worth it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts