Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I'm going to purchase Stage 2 crower cams in about 2/3 months how much can I expect the installation to cost? Will I need a tune and any idea on that cost? And last but not least how crucial are the upgraded valve springs? hahaha Thanks guys...

·
Premium Member
1965 Mustang coupe
72,878 Posts
Valve springs are recommended on the stage 2s. I would expect you would spend in the neighborhood of $1500 P&L (including new springs and retainers).

·
Registered
70 Posts
On the cam swap, you might not have to go with new valve springs and etc....depending on how aggressive the cam is.....i know you can go with a good cam from comp cams...and not have to change your valve springs..hope this helps...and on the instalation on the cams..you can do it yourself..its not that hard...pretty basic stuff....it'll help if you get the ford repair manual from your local parts store..oreilys, autozone...one of those..hope this helps

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
I am getting ready to do the stage 2 comp cams as well, I am planning on keeping the stock springs. one question I do have are the retainer bolts torqued to yield ? should I replace them ?

This will be my first time doing a 4.6 and I always hear everyone talking about getting them degreed right. from what I understand if installed correctly they are either in or out no real adjustment for degreeing?

any help or tips before I start would be great ?

thanks John

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.