Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know the engine block is the same, and the cam is different but what is the difference between the heads? whould i be ok to port the crown heads or better off to find h.o. heads? any input would be great, also, i already have the upper and lower from a h.o, and a cam.thanx

·
Registered
4,809 Posts
The HO motor has 19lb injectors vs 14lb in the clown vic. The stock HO heads are better than non HO heads but HO heads still suck. Try to find some GT40p heads if you are looking something cheap.

Mustangs have better shaped headers so they do flow more than the crimped crown vics.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok great

i only have the block and heads from the crown, it has 80,000 kilometres on a rebuilt engine, my lincoln engine in my stang (5.0 h.o. 88 lsc mark 7) has 350,000 on it so i figure the cam could be swapped, but i think the heads may be bad, so i was going to port the ones i had on the crown, (home port) i really cant afford to buy gt40 heads and all the wreckers wont let the heads go apart from the engine (explorer). by the way, i see you have a tweecer rt!!!! how's that working? how much gain did that give you and how easy is it to program and change tables? i'm really interested, but i still need a mass air conversion. let me know.

·
Registered
4,809 Posts
It has a fairly steep learning curve and Ive maybe gained close to 20 hp by setting things more accurately like a/f ratio and maf dialed in exactly.

You can download the software free of charge on their site and see exactly whats involved.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.