Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey man,
Just bought a 98GT today and it seems the cruise isn't working. Manual doesn't show a cooresponding fuse and I was wondering what kind of things I should be looking for to fix it. I'm not afraid to get my hands dirty and I can't bring it back to the dealer for another week because of work. Any advice would be great.
Thanks, Gipper

·
Registered
20 Posts
This isnt any help, but my 98 GT cruise control doesnt work either. If its not a cheap fix I cant fix it anytime soon.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well Trash if I get her figured out I'll clue you in buddy. I'd like to fix it on the cheap too bro.

But I tell ya, it's a helluva nice car though.

gipper

·
Registered
20 Posts
Yes they are very nice cars. My favorite part is going threw the gears of course but cruise is nice for highway driving. Do you have any pictures of your car?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
no pics yet. But it's silver and very conservative looking. I also drive a red Vette so they sorta balance each other out.

I'll let you know if I get my cruise working.

Gip

·
Registered
20 Posts
Mines silver too, but it's a convertible. I bet that red vette is nice :worship . I was so close to buying a camaro, It was one saturday and I called the dealer about coming to see a camaro I had looked at on autotrader and he said I couldnt come look at it because it was in the shop. So that afternoon I was with my family going out to eat and we were riding threw town and saw this mustang in a used car lot,and took it out for a drive and, the more I looked at it the more I liked it. Checked it out really good, and 2 days later I came back and bought it.

Heres a picture of mine
http://www.photodump.com/direct/hazmatt9777/mystang20.jpg

G

·
gipper98GT said:
Hey man,
Just bought a 98GT today and it seems the cruise isn't working. Manual doesn't show a cooresponding fuse and I was wondering what kind of things I should be looking for to fix it. I'm not afraid to get my hands dirty and I can't bring it back to the dealer for another week because of work. Any advice would be great.
Thanks, Gipper
Did u check the black plastic line that connects to the back of the throttle body? This is the actual cable that holds the TB open and steady when the cruise is on. If its broken or not snapped on then its not gonna work i dont think.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.