Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took the cruise control box out from under the wheel well and cut and pulled the wires through to the inside of the car.Is there anything else thats related to the cruise that i can take off?

also is there any rewiring that i might have to do since its not on the car anymore,just making sure i wont run into any problems.?

·
Registered
4,125 Posts
You could remove the Speed Control Amplifier, Vacuum Dump Valve, Check Valve,Vacuum lines and Actuator Cable also.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not sure what or where all of that is but i dis remove the box under the wheel well.

·
Registered
4,125 Posts
These might help.
And the Actuator Cable is the cable that runs beside your throttle cable under the throttle body.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
These might help.
And the Actuator Cable is the cable that runs beside your throttle cable under the throttle body.

So I can go ahead and remove that speed control amplifier from the car?

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks that's going out.

·
Registered
640 Posts
i don't mean to thread jack, but lets say this stuff was half removed from the car, could there be a vacume leak that would effect engine surging?

the stang i bought has the airbags deployed and the cruise buttons on the steering wheel are missing...

·
Registered
4,125 Posts
i don't mean to thread jack, but lets say this stuff was half removed from the car, could there be a vacume leak that would effect engine surging?

the stang i bought has the airbags deployed and the cruise buttons on the steering wheel are missing...
If a vacuum line was disconnected and not plugged or capped off it's a good possibility.

·
Registered
152 Posts

its not gona leak vac out of the steering wheel

·
Registered
640 Posts
its not gona leak vac out of the steering wheel
well dang i know that LOL. what i'm asking is if the buttons are gone for whatever reason, could there be a chance that the rest of the cruise control could be partially removed that would cause a VAC leak?

i don't know why the buttons are gone, but the airbag was deployed. i'm just looking for solutions for my surging idle and poor drivablity.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
well dang i know that LOL. what i'm asking is if the buttons are gone for whatever reason, could there be a chance that the rest of the cruise control could be partially removed that would cause a VAC leak?

i don't know why the buttons are gone, but the airbag was deployed. i'm just looking for solutions for my surging idle and poor drivablity.

you should probably make a post describing your problems

·
Registered
152 Posts

yes theres a chance there could be lose vac line look under the drivers side fender and see if the control box is still there

·
Registered
640 Posts
ok southernford, i'll check there

1 - 14 of 14 Posts