Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm leaving tomorrow early to drive from Baltimore MD to the Outer Banks. With my new GT Vert (LL #0063) I have the perfect excuse to go the back way--US301 to 17 through Rappahanock VA and the tidewater area of Virginia. Itg may be a tad slower than I95, but it will be a heck of a lot more fun.

You all bought (or are buying) your new Mustangs because you like cars and like driving, I would guess. I also suppose I'm not alone on the forum in my desire to cruise. So where are you going next? What's your favorite drive in your new wheels? Just curious, thanks,

Mr. Toad

·
Registered
29 Posts
We took ours from central Illinois to central Florida a few weeks ago. We took 2 days to get there and 2 days to get back. We put 2300 miles on it. It now has a little over 6000. Everything went great. Had the gas tank fill problem twice, but I did the flip the nozzel over trick and it worked. The only problem we had was having to pull over and put the top up when it started raining.

·
Registered
502 Posts
I'm trying to be true to the owner's manual and stay away from any extended highway trips until hitting the recommended 1K mark...but I can tell you where I'm DYING to drive with Dixi: I-270 North, to I-70 West, and then the fabled "National Freeway", Interstate 68, through Cumberland, MD out to Morgantown, WV, where my daughter will start college three weeks from today. (Hip Hip) For an interstate, that stretch has some pretty vertical stretches, and I cannot wait to see what Dix can do goin' up them hills.

For now, am gettin' by with a little six mile loop around G-Burg, highlighted by an on-ramp to 270 South where I can accelerate to about 80-85 (in 3rd if Dixi's feelin' frisky) before backing off.

What was it that George C. Scott said in "Patton"? I do love it so...God help me, I do love it so.

I love this car so much...words often can't explain...

·
Registered
54 Posts
Mid August, watch I 10 going east & I 95 going north- from Houston to Savannah, GA for two ponies traveling together- '95 teal GT vert is going to live with my sons and making room for my 05 Silver GT vert ( you'll know me by the hood scoop and roush spoiler).. Can't wait to drive it!

·
Registered
914 Posts
it's just a few minutes from my garage to PCH baby!!! :cool:

·
Registered
79 Posts
I've had Olive/Oliver since January 31. Haven't done anything I'd consider
a REAL cruise. I'll be cruisin' in September, in a F150, with the pony in tow.
Once in Las Vegas, for the 1st Annual Legend Lime Registry Meet,

.............LET THE REAL CRUISIN' BEGIN..............;)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Stylin'

Leave it up to a "Limer" to cruise in style.:drink: Have fun in Vegas; a little too far from Baltimore for me. NowWoodward Avenue? Tempting, for sure.

Mr. Toad

LL #0063

·
Registered
914 Posts
Vegas is only four hours away! Well, three by Mustang! :naughty

But mine is black, so i guess I would have to be their "shadow" if I were to show up.

Hope they get a big turn out - would be cool to see all the Stangs in a stampede! :winks

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
zregime said:
I'm trying to be true to the owner's manual and stay away from any extended highway trips until hitting the recommended 1K mark...but I can tell you where I'm DYING to drive with Dixi: I-270 North, to I-70 West, and then the fabled "National Freeway", Interstate 68, through Cumberland, MD out to Morgantown, WV, where my daughter will start college three weeks from today. (Hip Hip) For an interstate, that stretch has some pretty vertical stretches, and I cannot wait to see what Dix can do goin' up them hills.

You're right, zregime--that is a pretty drive close to home. Sounds like a fall expedition for me. Thanks for the idea,

Mr. Toad

LL #0063

·
Registered
88 Posts
I take a 20 to 50 mile cruise everyday in my area after work. If I turn east out of my street I have roads for either some road racing or top end fun. And if I turn west I have city driving for being seen and checking out the other rides about town. I'm planning a trip to Ky. in October and will see how the long haul cruise is as well as having some mountain road cruising fun.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I took a long trip last month. Cities we stopped in looked like this:

Ft. Lauderdale-->Orlando-->Atlanta-->Knoxville-->Cincinnatti-->Evansville, IN (my hometown)-->Nashville-->Atlanta-->Orlando-->Ft. Lauderdale

I started out with 700 miles on the car and this trip added 2900 more. I was hesitant to do it because I knew it would be a lot of miles but finally decided I got the car to drive. It was the right decision. What a blast. The mountains of Georgia were the best. Best thing was...no tickets.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Mr. Toad said:
I'm leaving tomorrow early to drive from Baltimore MD to the Outer Banks. With my new GT Vert (LL #0063) I have the perfect excuse to go the back way--US301 to 17 through Rappahanock VA and the tidewater area of Virginia. Itg may be a tad slower than I95, but it will be a heck of a lot more fun.

You all bought (or are buying) your new Mustangs because you like cars and like driving, I would guess. I also suppose I'm not alone on the forum in my desire to cruise. So where are you going next? What's your favorite drive in your new wheels? Just curious, thanks,

Mr. Toad
Be real careful on 17. It can be a real nasty speed trap above Tappahannock. It's only 55mph on 17.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I haven't taken delivery yet, but I'll be heading up to Skyline Drive to see the trees change color in October. What perfect scenery for driving a vert!

·
Registered
63 Posts
My daughter and I made a trip in June from Lake Jackson, Texas to Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, with a stop in Montgomery, Alabama.

My grandmother (94 years old) was not doing good.

My 16 year old son and I are going to make that trip again.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I went from Charlotte, NC to Yellowstone N P and then down to Colorado Springs in my new Vert GT. Loved it but I now have almost 10,000 miles on a car that is only 3 months old.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Hmmm. About the only place we can cruise to is the towns' Sonic Drive-In! :weeps Whoopie! I guess we could cruise to Dallas, but why?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts