Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
both of these are technically not kills but they are brownie points for my 5.0 which is pretty much stock except for the gears. personally i think its hard where i live to get a legitamate kill because there are soo many porsches, M3s, big dollar benzes, not to mention the cars that are pretty much on the same level if not a lot faster than a stock 5.0 which include, wrxs srt4s, evoloutions, G35s 350Zs. even some maximas are just as quick, but it just seems like there are soo many people out there with modded new cars. well anyway wendsday night it was, i take the 5.0 out for a spin, and pretty much immediately meet up with a srt4 turning left onto the street i was goin straight on before my light turns green. so i catch up to him and he wants to go. 2nd and third gear pull he pulls ahead towards the top of third. next time we go from a 4th gear pull and i get the jump, but both all out and he couldnt pass me until i let off at the top of fourth(cuz i didnt want to go any faster). we stop at the light a ways up. that was a mess because i couldnt get any traction but it was ok because we stayed door to door till he got on the freeway after 2nd gear. (i know i would have taken him off the line if i gripped, ive done it before.) well anyway he was cool and we both smiled and went off in seperate directions.

now friday afternoon after work goin to my parents house, i see this newer volvo and a 02 and up V6 accord racing around behind me. they pass, and we slow for the light. the accord turns right and the volvo was goin straight and i was behind him. i cant remember what model it was but there was an R badge on it (btw im pretty sure volvo owners dont put accessory badges on their cars to attmept to fool people) since i was behind him it wasnt really a good race from the start, but i knew he was goin to accelerate fast, so i did the same pacing him till he changed lanes, then we went at it. from third to fourth was the race, so it was rather brief. i was pulling on him ever so slightly in fourth but since my turn was coming up and we were on the street i didnt want to go any faster than i already was, so i turned on my turn and felt good since his volvo R cost alot more than my 5k5.0. id rather have my 5.0 anyway because it was a volvo. maybe a benz or bmw oh well im happy with my cars performance and like two scoops said, no one has posted on here for a while so just giving everyone something to read.

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
You gotta take what you can get out there.

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i have 3.73s and rebuilt traction lok

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.