Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, still working on planning my audio system. Have everything measured/planned except the head unit. I decided to go with a Pioneer AVH-P4100. I added it to my cart on Crutchfield and it said that it would not fit in my car because of the fold down face. I talked to the Crutchfield advisors who I trust dearly and are always great help and they still insisted it would NOT fit. So I hunted down a picture of the unit folded down on the internet, please view it here:

http://www.dynamicsounds.co.uk/images/avh_p4100dvdopen2.jpg

Now the only thing I can see this interfering with is my auto transmission. I stared at my radio for quite some time debating if it would hit or not. Then finally realized that all I would have to do to get the shifter out of the way is to put it in first gear or such while I popped in a CD/DVD which I won't be doing all so often.

This is a BIG purchase for me, and if there is anything I have missed, please point it out to me. If you agree that it would fit in my 2006 automatic, please say so. :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
537 Posts
I trust the guys at crutchfield and I would listen to what they say.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
One more bit of info I may add, the exact wording was, MAY not fit your car. So anyone who has a S197, input please!

·
Registered
414 Posts
That HU may extend out too far if you have a manual transmission or even if your automatic is in park!

Then again, Crutchfield tried to tell me that the Infinity Kappa 682.7cf 6x8s wouldn't fit in 2006 mustang's door locations. They were WRONG by saying the tweeter was too high. Basically it was a 15 second fix to bend the mounting tabs to fit in the factory door locations.

·
Registered
816 Posts
As I have learned from experience, Crutchfield is not the last word on product fitment. The web site and techs said the AVIC 700BT double din unit would not fit in my Sport Trac, and there was no dash kit to make it work. WRONG on both as I found out later! :mad: Unfortunately I believed them and put a different system in the Sport Trac and added the 700BT to the Mustang.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update: Called Crutchfield and I talked to a rep. and he said that they put a warning on everything with a motorized face saying it wont fit...:headscratch:...But he said it would fit fine.

·
Registered
542 Posts
I have the AVIC Z2 which opens farther than that and I have no issues what so ever with my auto (although I havent tried it since I changed to the TCI Street Fighter) guess I need to check that.

·
Registered
457 Posts
i have a 91 lx, and i even have problems with fitment on my auto. i have to move to atleast neutral to remove a cd from my pioneer HU. thats the issue with the autos tho, manuals you dont really have that much of a problem for obvious reasons

·
Registered
13,191 Posts
See if you can get the exact dimensions of it and do some measuring. As previously stated, sometimes Crutchfield is wrong.

·
Registered
542 Posts
I just checked mine and with the Street Fighter I have about 3/8 of an inch clearance:happyhapp. You should be just fine I think the Z2 sticks out farther than yours would.

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.