Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just returned from getting my windows tinted and the alpine cda-9855 installed today and i noticed when i turn the steering wheel i hear a faint whining sound coming from the steering column. i was traveling at parking lot speeds and it had just rained. i dont know maybe it was just the tires squeaking on the concrete?? any body else noticed this? should i be concerned?

·
Registered
12 Posts
i was under the impression that the new mustangs have brake boosters(takes pressure from your power steering pump and uses it on the brakes) and if so if you were using the brake and steering at the same time that could have caused the groan or whine or whatever

if im wrong i apologize

·
Registered
897 Posts
stealthracer68 said:
i was under the impression that the new mustangs have brake boosters(takes pressure from your power steering pump and uses it on the brakes) and if so if you were using the brake and steering at the same time that could have caused the groan or whine or whatever

if im wrong i apologize
They got rid of the hydra-boost system along with the SN95 chassis.

·
Registered
886 Posts
I've heard this occaisionally too, slow speed, turning into a parking space and such. Almost sounded like and old GM power steering pump, but not as loud. I figured it was some in-system relief valve or something. Anybody else??

·
Registered
263 Posts
ultraclyde said:
I've heard this occaisionally too, slow speed, turning into a parking space and such. Almost sounded like and old GM power steering pump, but not as loud. I figured it was some in-system relief valve or something. Anybody else??
Yup! I first noticed it when pulling into the parking garage at home. I kept looking for some kids playing in the lot. I sounded like children playing and there were none to be found. Kinda funny I think. Seems to have either gone away or I just got used to it.

·
Registered
106 Posts
richey rich789 said:
i just returned from getting my windows tinted and the alpine cda-9855 installed today and i noticed when i turn the steering wheel i hear a faint whining sound coming from the steering column. i was traveling at parking lot speeds and it had just rained. i dont know maybe it was just the tires squeaking on the concrete?? any body else noticed this? should i be concerned?
I hear it too in mine, thinking about taking it in for that and the top of my dash rattling (course I found out what caused that I also now have the 9855 with a type r 12” sub and every time it hits the top of the dash dances). How you like that 9855?

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
lets just say its basicly my new love. the glide bar makes searching thru my ipod EXTREMELY easy once u figure out how to use it efficiently. and its almost like a computer in the fact there arent very many buttons but you still have complete controll. i must say i am lusting for a jl 12w6 sub right now with a jl 500 watt amp.... that would be pure bliss, but wait a minute, so would the silver with a tad of mineral grey mixed in stripes ive been planning on getting painted. ahhh decisions decisions.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Have dealer check your "clock spring" its the part in the wheel under the airbag that all the electrical stuff keeps contact with while it turns. "Clock Spring" is the term the Dodge dealers use....

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
sweet. thanks bro

·
Registered
115 Posts
richey rich and zman, i have the 9853 which also has the glide bar, and i can not get it to work as easily as you describe. I have to scroll very slowly until i get past the A's or it will bypass everything until Z. I've had the problem since i got it installed in June!

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i understand where ur coming from to a point. you just have to be gentle with it once u get past half way on the bar. that and dont slide too fast

1 - 11 of 11 Posts