Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read up about these kits and most people have said that they are useless. BUT, I was just thinking about those intercoolers that come stock in like the supercharged lightning and cobras. The intercooler that sits below the roots blower and has fluid flowing through it and the intake air actually flows through that and gets cooler. Im sure everyone knows what im talking about. To bring it to the point, what if you fabricated one of these to have CO2 flow through it? would it work? I think it would work great. any opinions?

·
Registered
701 Posts
From a thermo dynamic point of view, water is the best way of energy storage/transport.
You will not need a lot of water to store lots of energy.
If you try to use a "closed" CO2 system, to cool the intercooler you will not have the same ammount of energy transferred than with water.
An "open" system where you blast CO2 thru the intercooler and don't recycle it would be very beneficial, because the intercooler would be way colder and you would get more dense air.

The bestway for competition is to have a water ice mix wth either anti freeze or salt circulating from a container thru the intercooler. This gives you the possibility to circulate a water based liquid at way below 32° thru the intercooler.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.