Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a refresher of old information for newer members. The bottom of the 2nd cup holder (the one closest to the back seat) has a removable bottom that allows a much larger cup to seat inside. Sorry if this was done recently, I've been away awhile.

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
Good tip

Jimbeaux said:
Just a refresher of old information for newer members. The bottom of the 2nd cup holder (the one closest to the back seat) has a removable bottom that allows a much larger cup to seat inside. Sorry if this was done recently, I've been away awhile.
Thanks for the tip, man. I was asked if the car had cupholders. Had to think. Yes! It does! Unfortunately, they are right where my arm goes to shift. Maybe other people are able to shift with their arm elsewhere?

Once heard the Geo was rated as both the most uncomfortable car *and* the most inconvenient car to own. "No cupholders" was a big complaint. If you want to sip a coffee while you drive your five speed, you had better like holding it in your crotch, cuz that's where it has to go.

The XJ-12 is one of the nicest cars I have ever had the pleasure of driving and owning but guess how many cupholders? Zero. At least it's automatic so I don't have to worry about shifting and can hold the cup. However, the shift kit makes sipping a dicey thing. If it shifts and you aren't paying attention?

Your face surges forward and the drink goes all the way to your ear holes.

Surprisingly, coffee burns most, on your lips and not so much, in your eyes/ears or even up your nose. Not that [ahem] I would know anything about that :rolleyes:

Embarrassing story: Once driving back from my GF's house, early in the morning, I stopped at a 7-11 and got a lime Slurpee. Very tired, I was waiting to turn left. Light turns green. I have the Slurpee in my right hand, on the wheel and made the left turn. What happens when you turn a Slurpee upside down? Just what you'd expect. That little plastic lid doesn't really keep the drink in the cup. Gravity is supposed to do that. Funny thing about gravity. It only works in the one direction. Not relative at all, to the location of what you and I would call the "bottom" of the cup. Turns out the *bottom* is what is relative!

Sitting on the side of the road, shoveling green Slurpee out of my 1972 Thunderbird, I laughed and realized I should have gotten a coffee, to wake my brain up!

"What'd you do that for?"

"Hello, cuz I'm a dumbass!"

-David

1 - 2 of 2 Posts