Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought it was funny that on Edmunds under the reviews for the fox body, the number one complaint was not having any cupholders. It is mentioned in more than half the reviews. This also got me thinking, since my door is missing from my ash tray and I don't smoke anyways I want to make this into a cupholder or at least some kind of tray to hold things like cell phone, wallet etc. Was just wondering if anyone has already done something like this and what you used and from where. Some pics would be cool too. Thanks:D

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
Complain over cupholders? Any real Mustang enthusiast KNOWS where the real cupholder is. But if you want, check this out. They come in factory colors too and are exactly what you want.

Search Results For: CC-8797PC

(and by the way.......... that "real" cupholder is putting the drink between your legs on the seat)

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
Complain over cupholders? Any real Mustang enthusiast KNOWS where the real cupholder is. But if you want, check this out. They come in factory colors too and are exactly what you want.

(and by the way.......... that "real" cupholder is putting the drink between your legs on the seat)
Or wedged in with the Handbrake....:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Yea but know you can have a couple fresh ones in reserve while I finish the one between my legs...lol. Thanks for link:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
413 Posts
I believe ford designed the hand brake to hold a variety of drinks.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Does anyone have the cupholders in the link above?
I was wondering if you had problems shifting because they are right where your arm would be.

·
Registered
576 Posts
I usually wedge my drinks between the pass. seat and the console... but then you have to have something with a lid... you cant be a good driver unless you can hold a drink with your right hand and steer/shift with your left... has anyone seen that movie Undercover Brother.. where Eddie Griffin has a massive 7/11 big gulp filled with orange drink in one hand and spins an old cadallac/lincoln around without spilling a drop? My buddy removed the lid of the console on his fox and made a little plastic holder...

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
All that's funny... :evilchuck Odd thing is I too used the space between the passenger seat and e brake handle but can't so much with the new seats, that side bolster isn't there anymore.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I usually wedge my drinks between the pass. seat and the console... but then you have to have something with a lid... you cant be a good driver unless you can hold a drink with your right hand and steer/shift with your left... has anyone seen that movie Undercover Brother.. where Eddie Griffin has a massive 7/11 big gulp filled with orange drink in one hand and spins an old cadallac/lincoln around without spilling a drop? My buddy removed the lid of the console on his fox and made a little plastic holder...
Yea its pretty sweet when he spins into the parking place. I cant hold it between my legs cause im a little bigger than some of you im sure. :hihi: Ive done everything else that was mentioned. My buddy has one of those cup holders and a stick shift and he still has his in there so it must not get in his way. either that or he just needs a cup holder to much to care about how it feels when he shifts.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the replies...

·
Registered
204 Posts
Does anyone have the cupholders in the link above?
I was wondering if you had problems shifting because they are right where your arm would be.
I have, one, and no you can't shift very easily if you have anything in it. It's also kinda shallow, so it's it hard to keep anything like a bottle of water from falling out. I only use it to put stuff, like my phone, etc. in it.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
I have, one, and no you can't shift very easily if you have anything in it. It's also kinda shallow, so it's it hard to keep anything like a bottle of water from falling out. I only use it to put stuff, like my phone, etc. in it.
Thanks for the reply Blue Notch. Occasionally I have a soda or something with me but I was more looking for something that I can also throw my phone, wallet and mp3 player in.

Has anybody else put something, like a modified tray, where the ash tray was for use in holding things like your cell and wallet?

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
It shouldn't be hard to make something for it, I made a steel cover plate for mine since I don't smoke.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I use the space between the hand brake and seat if I am not driving far. Otherwise, I use a generic plastic center console piece oh crap I got at Autozone. I carved about a 2 or 3 inch wedge out of the front of it and it sits right behind the hand brake. It holds 2 full size cups and has room to throw crap into a the compartment in the back of it. I only use it on trips or whatever as it it grey and my interior is black. I dont like gawdy very much, but it makes a trip much for comfortable and is very very cheap.:bigthumbsup

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.