Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to ask a few question about the TB. I have one personally and it does feel like the car is faster and for a fact it does peel of the ground easier but its even a bigger difference at high speed. I just had to ask was it worth the buying it or am i misleading myself thinking its actually doing something but its not >.> since all i hear is that u shouldnt get a TB unless ur getting a blower. any input anyone?

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
i've heard they increase throttle response a bit, but thats about it.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Ha youve got to pair it with a plenum to really get the best out of it. When you do you;ll feel the gains ALL across the power bands + a little deeper exhaust tone.

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Ha youve got to pair it with a plenum to really get the best out of it. When you do you;ll feel the gains ALL across the power bands + a little deeper exhaust tone.
our plenums are built into the upper intake manifold...not replaceable.

·
Registered
326 Posts
You wont get any difference really, unless you port the TB opening on the upper intake a little bit. When i changed my TB from the stock to the 65mm, there was a ledge where the TB was bigger than the opening to the upper intake. If you port the opening, port it carefully(DONT LET METAL GRINDINGS GET INTO THE INTAKE! stuff it will a towel and use a vacuum to suck up the shavings). I couldn't feel a difference really, but it may have gained a few horses. As far as bang for the buck, definitely look elsewhere than the 65mm TB.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.