Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys. ive been running through my new stang fixin up all the little annoying stuff, and i have run into a couple interesting problems.

1) temp gauge > the temp gauge never gets to the second line from the bottom, im talkin like ice cold. i dont know any car that operates at 130 degrees. i do believe the car has an aftermarket thermostat tho... could it really stay that cool?? or is the gauge faulty

2) rear defrost > DOESNT WORK. the button works, the little light comes on, etc. but no defrosting action. any guesses? wires all seem to be connected.

G

·
Make sure the temperature sending unit is working correctly.
As for the defroster, make sure none of the embedded lines in the window are cracked, if you test them they should all be around 6 volts.

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
systronic said:
1) temp gauge > the temp gauge never gets to the second line from the bottom, im talkin like ice cold. i dont know any car that operates at 130 degrees. i do believe the car has an aftermarket thermostat tho... could it really stay that cool?? or is the gauge faulty?
Mine does this too. The times that it has gotten hot enough for it to smell hot when you open the hood, the gauge reflected that. So I think it's just an unrealistic scale on the gauge face. Mine also reads corrospondingly different between the 180º and 190º thermostats.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.