Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking into buying a 2012 base gt or premium by the end of this year. I wanted to hear from you all what your out the door price was. I know ford currently has 3k cash back on the 2012.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Why not do what I did and buy a used 2012? I got a "ford executive driven" vehicle (basically a demo). It had 12,000km on it, was like new condition and great savings.

2012 GT manual, premium package, navigation, brembo brake package etc... $32000 before taxes...the list price was 35,500 but I talked them down (Canada prices are higher than USA)

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
"Out the door" prices really won't help you, because in addition to the way different cars are equipped, there is considerable variation in sales taxes among the various states, rebates that were available at the time of purchase, etc.

I paid 99% of invoice for my car. On a leftover 2012, you would certainly want to get the price down at least to invoice and ideally even lower -- NOT including the available rebates -- and with no BS "doc" fees or other profit-padders.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't mind going the used route either of price is good. I just wanted to have an idea of a good deal. I think 30 or below for a premium is great.

·
Premium Member
6,070 Posts
"Out the door" prices really won't help you, because in addition to the way different cars are equipped, there is considerable variation in sales taxes among the various states, rebates that were available at the time of purchase, etc.

I paid 99% of invoice for my car. On a leftover 2012, you would certainly want to get the price down at least to invoice and ideally even lower -- NOT including the available rebates -- and with no BS "doc" fees or other profit-padders.
I don't mind going the used route either of price is good. I just wanted to have an idea of a good deal. I think 30 or below for a premium is great.
Allez Rouge brings up a good point.

My purchase price (before taxes,tags, doc's, maintenance plan, extended warranty -just the car, but with rebates applied to make it comparable to other cars in other states) was $29,602.00. My set up as ordered is in my sig. For comparison, my MSRP 36,105.00 (just rechecked my sticker online to be sure). I got $3850 off of the $33,452.00 Invoice price in rebates and the Truecar discount when I ordered my car in late October of last year.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts