Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im planing on getting a custome made dual side exit for my 07 v6, and i wanted to know what kind of mufflers would sound good?? i was also thinking about going no mufflers, but would that not have enough back pressure?? anyone with possitive imput, i'd like to hear what you have to say.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
It's preference, really. I like flowmasters. Some people hate them. I'd definitely stick with mufflers, though. No mufflers sound like crap, especially on a v6.

·
Registered
11,864 Posts
It's preference, really. I like flowmasters. Some people hate them. I'd definitely stick with mufflers, though. No mufflers sound like crap, especially on a v6.
i agree, no mufflers sounds like a old beater with a bad exaust :so but the side exaust sounds like a cool idea.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
I have a gt and tryed that after messin up one of my mufflers I took of both for a equal look but started getting irritated how loud it was and unless you have dyno matted your entire car you will hate the intense drone keep it muscle and lets hear the sound though a nice set of mufflers.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea i can imagine the loudness getting anoying. and could i cut part of the tips off the muffler and put them after the x pipe? cause the exhaust is comming out the sides pretty low already, so i was thinking of putting the mufflwer right in the middle.

·
Registered
954 Posts
You are going to find that with the ride height of you mustang, in order to come out the side below the frame, you are going to be scrapping on EVERYTHING. You can't just cut the black side skirts out of the way because the frame goes halfway down.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.