Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'm working on a custom inlet for my KB 2.1L which will accept the cobra twin blade TB. some people on other forums have shown interest in my little project so I figured I would let you guys in on the project. I have not dynoed the car yet since I'm still trying to finish the inlet. Here's some pics of the progress so far.

UPDATE: I just dynoed my car with my newest revision of the inlet i built for my KB 2.1L. the car made 585rwhp/569tq @20lbs boost, 18* timing and 120* inlet temps. These numbers are on a mustang dyno.

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the one in the pictures does not, the new one im running now does fit under a stock hood and works with factory ford parts off other cars. pretty much plug and play.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i used an 03/04 cobra TB as a template, so if it bolts to a cobra it should bolt to this one. i tried keeping cost to a minimum by making it so that factory parts could be used. ie: stock cobra TB, used TB cable from a cobra and so on.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
first the bad news then the good news.

so i went to the dyno today with the 2.5" (22lbs) pulley to see what she would make. the results were not so impressive. it actually made less peak power than with the 20lbs. the we were over spinning the blower which it didn't like. my math puts the blower at just over 19k rpm. it made about 20hp more up until 5100rpm and then it started dropping. it made 563hp peak compared to 585hp with the 20lbs. so i guess 20lbs is the max it wants to see. at 22lbs boost the inlet had 3" of vacuum, KB's stock inlet at 9lbs makes 2" vacuum according to their site. not bad for double the boost.

the good news is i strapped in on a dynojet right after to compare numbers between dyno's. i used the 20lb pulley (2.75") with race gas, same as before, and it made 607hp/575tq corrected and 636hp/604 uncorrected. this is compared to the 585hp/569tq on the mustang dyno. i got a print out of both uncorrected and corrected so that you guys could compare your numbers. i have dyno sheets and video which i will try and upload either tonight or maybe tomorrow. oh yea, i checked the vacuum at 20lbs also. it was 2-2.5" of vacuum. hope this clears up some confusion about that numbers.

·
Registered
377 Posts
thats super cool man. im making shaker brakets lol hey its a start right!?:shigrin

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.