Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
704 Posts
its cool and unique. might look a little better if it covered mroe on the sides like an actual filter. But great job, it looks well done:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Definately looks unique.
I bet it would draw some attention at shows...
Congrats :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
its cool and unique. might look a little better if it covered mroe on the sides like an actual filter. But great job, it looks well done:bigthumbsup

actually I have the bottom too and am working on cutting it to fit right on top of the black plenum but for now I'll leave it like that, but thanks for the compliment

·
Registered
532 Posts
I have never seen anyone do this. Great idea to set your car a part. That with your valve covers make a nice look. Sounds like you are still tweaking it a bit. Another suggestion is to add a sticker for 242 CI (I think that is what a 4.0 is) that looks look like the old style. Just a suggestion. Great job thining out of the box. Keep up the good work.

Did you just paint your valve covers or did you buy aftermarkets? I hate that there aren't a lot (if any) aftermarket valve covers for the V6. Having them powder coated or painted has got to help with keeping them clean compared to the factory rough plastic.

·
Registered
704 Posts
actually I have the bottom too and am working on cutting it to fit right on top of the black plenum but for now I'll leave it like that, but thanks for the compliment
oh nice! please post some pics when you get it done

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have never seen anyone do this. Great idea to set your car a part. That with your valve covers make a nice look. Sounds like you are still tweaking it a bit. Another suggestion is to add a sticker for 242 CI (I think that is what a 4.0 is) that looks look like the old style. Just a suggestion. Great job thining out of the box. Keep up the good work.

Did you just paint your valve covers or did you buy aftermarkets? I hate that there aren't a lot (if any) aftermarket valve covers for the V6. Having them powder coated or painted has got to help with keeping them clean compared to the factory rough plastic.
yeah exactly! but I think it's a 245, anyways how would I get someone to print me up one of those orange stickers because that would be perfect, but I painted the valve covers myself with the same blue paint, it wasn't to hard just time consuming and you have to do a little Manuvering to get them off and on the car. as far as I know there are no aftermarket valve covers for the 4.0 and I think it's stupid because some chrome ones would be very nice

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
Not my cup of tea, but you did do a good job. It is most definitely unique

·
Registered
68 Posts
That is freaking awesome . Definitely post more pictures once it is completely done. Keep up the good work!

·
Registered
344 Posts
I prefer a more modern tech look. This isn't something I think looks good. Just my own opinion.

·
Registered
175 Posts
hahaha...neato !

·
Registered
239 Posts
I think it looks great - agree with the part of painting the entire thing to look more like an air filter but overall - looks GREAT! As for a wannabe muscle car, not at all. The point of a retro muscle car is to mimick an older muscle car and you're doing just that - love it! :bigthumbsup

1 - 15 of 15 Posts