Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey people, I recently started restoring, and customising my 78' mustang II. I was in the middle of making a slick roll pan to replace my stock rear bumper. when a friend told me that they already made one, if so could someone please tell me where i can find one, because as you all know fabricating your own parts is a pain.

·
Registered
4 Posts
There was a rolled pan on the Monroe Handler. I had heard that Maier Racing had the molds and would make them to order. Production and delivery were very long times from what I heard as well.

Dave

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hi. Any updates on this topic? I also need a rear pan as that big bumper is not going back on there...

For anyone looking to upgrade the front, cutting down a '66 bumper and valance looks very good on these cars.

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
I cut one down first then noticed about a dozen or so car with the same thing. Then I cut down my 77 front bumper. After about 3 hours of cutting and welding it looked almost just like the 68 R code for the Eleanor. The rear took even less time. Plus be different, make your own and when someone ask who made it. Smile and say I did.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Wow. I did mine about 7 years back and have never seen another. It's a natural fit though, so I can see why others do it. The '66 bumper follows the contour of the header panel perfectly when sectioned into three pieces and welded back together. Looks like it belongs on there and lightens the look of the car quite a bit in my opinion.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.