Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Force Performance in Yonkers, NY said they would do a custom SCT tune for my 05 GT as well as install my CAI and give me an XCalibrator 2 for $500. They will tune it on a dyno until they get the Air/Fuel and everything else right as well as get some decent power out of it. I am real new to tunes and wondering if this is a good price or should I shop around elsewhere. Please help.

·
Registered
172 Posts
That doesn't sound horrible man - what's the SCT cost, around $360? An hour of tuning would cost about $100. So, they're hitting you up for about $40 to install the CAI and do the tune itself.

Sounds competitive.

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
Yea, that's a fair deal! The X2 alone is close to 400, tune with three dyno runs is normally $100-150... if they run it untill all is right you should get more runs... plus you'll build a relationship and hopefully get good deals there in the future!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea, that's true. This guy says if I buy the Xcalibrator 2 from him and do this first tune with him he can tune my car for any future mods for much cheaper. He said on average it takes about 2 hours to tune the car.

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
Sounds about right... I had the same thing for my first tune and now I basically live there... lol! Really nice to have someone in the deep knowhow and that you know personally, trust, and can count on for a good and fair deal. In the beginning I checked around for prices on installs, parts etc. but now know they are VERY fair at my shop...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts