Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My buddy picked up a pre-loaded SCT and was wondering if it was possible to still take the car to a dyno and get it tuned with his tuner. He said when he goes into the custom tune option in the tuner it says please contact your nearest SCT dealer or something to that effect just wondering if its still possible to get a custom tune into his tuner even though its a pre-loaded tuner.

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
He must have, an XF3 correct? If so I think there's a spot on SCT's web-site, he can go into the tech section, then into the download section and change it over to an X3. Then he can use it, for a custom dyno tune. But he might have to get a hold, of the Dealer he bought the tuner from for the LL3 file so he can make the change. It's a one time deal, after that he won't have access to the pre-loaded tune files. Contact SCT at ( 407-774-2447 ), and follow the prompts to get a tech then he should have the answer for you. It's been a while, since I changed one over and it was an SF2, to a 9400 series X Cal 2. Like I said, once you change it over you can't change it back, Mike. SCT Tuner.:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
7,401 Posts
if it's the SF3, that's not even necessary. I have the SF3, and it has the 3 canned tunes that come with it in there, and it has 3 spots for custom tunes, and I've got a custom tune in mine.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.