Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
heres my pony

i got the rims already paintshopped on the pic below. should i put them on or sell them, they were on a gs400 for only a week and cost me a good chunk of change. debating on selling or slapping them on my car, they wont fill the car as much as my paintshop. my biggest problem is i hate the stock rims i have and dont have the money to just go plop down on some new rims since my car payment is a lot higher

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
If you already have the wheels, and they will fit, just take a little time and mount them on the car. Then you can see how they look in person. If you wanted others opinions, put a set on one side, take a pic, and post it. Bolt pattern is the same, not sure about the hub. Depending on exactly what the offset is that could cause an issue too.

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Sell em. They be ugly.

·
Registered
379 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
If they fit and have a proper offset it's worth a shot. You bought them for another car so you like their style. I'm rather sick of all the wheels that are regularly put on these cars (Bullitts, FR500s etc) so they would be a nice change. I will admit I have a guilty pleasure of Donk cars especially since I don't drive fast. Will you need new tires and what is the offset? They might not even work.

·
Registered
612 Posts
I'd sell them and get something sexier. Full face wheels scream luxobarge to me, not pony car.
Those wheels scream - 'low end crack dealer' to me.

OP, sell the wheels to some craigslist denizen and get some thing reasonable priced from American Muscle or LMR. You can find take off Brembo wheels + tires for as low as $800 if you hunt for them.

The stock wheels look infinitely better than those rolling abortions.

·
Registered
768 Posts
I think the stockers look way better than those wheels.

In my opinion, they look horrible. But if you like them, that's all that matters.

Those wheels don't look like they belong on a mustang. Sell them and get different ones if you can't deal with the stock wheels.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
612 Posts

·
Registered
612 Posts
I actually love the Donk crowd, they don't take themselves too seriously and don't give a **** what anyone else thinks.
Well yeah, if you want to take a 10 year old automatic 4.0 and turn it into a clown car, that has the turning radius of an oil tanker, thats a great way to do it.

But on a new 5.0, there are much better looking wheels than the ones OP is thinking about.

·
Registered
560 Posts
I love this Forum! rolsmile.gif

·
Registered
618 Posts
I typically like the stock wheels, and to me, your stock silver Bullitt's look ten times better than those aftermarket ones. When it came to my new 2014 GT/CS, the stock wheels while nice, just didn't match the "old school" look that I was searching for. It took me a couple of months worth of pondering, but I finally pulled the trigger and ordered a set of American Muscle 19" black Bullitt deep dish wheels with a new set of shoes....Firestone Firehawks W speed rated.

When choosing wheels, it's important to match the style of the car, or otherwise as another poster stated, it'll turn out looking like a "crackmobile."

Jedi D.

Attachments

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
lol love the replies. the full face wheels arent for errybody and are usually better on a big body car

These guys disagree:

this is over doing it, i like big rims that fit the wheel wells but not a fan of when it raises the car. this is the worst offender ive seen, this was at the dub car show in dallas last week, pic doesnt do justice to the heigth bottom of the car was shoulder level

·
Registered
612 Posts
Mustangs make great Donk cars IMO. It's rather stupid but I like all cars and seeing what people do to them.
Well, modifying cars is a diverse hobby and tastes are subjective. Personally I like cars that are modified for performance and a clean look. Im not into Donks and dont like them in any fashion but its their car and as long as they arent asking me to pay for it, they can do whatever they want.

·
Administrator
13,257 Posts
Since you did ask for opinions, Sell those wheels.:yup:

·
Registered
224 Posts
Between the two choices, I like the stock wheels much more than the other ones.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts