Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
** If you want backstory on the whole hood, you can find it here in this thread: http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/2005-talk/107137-carbon-fiber-hoods-decent-prices.html **

I put the new hood on and noted a small crack in the corner. I didn't think much of it other than I got a less than perfect hood until a friend who knows about CF hoods said, "You should report that and have it looked at". I reported it to OctaneMotorsports and Seibon and had it looked at by 2 professional body shops and 1 custom fiber guy.

I had a crack in the corner of the hood from shipping (covered by a piece of wood, ironically, used to protect while shipping). Two shops and a custom fiber guy all said to have the hood replaced or money back... none of them would touch it for repair. On top of that, they all pointed out other areas of concern which I'll include as attachments.

Called Octane (and CC'd Seibon as well) and Dee has already put in the claim. So far, I gotta say, while not being a pain in the ass (my hood is damaged apparently so I'm well within my rights), I'm a pain in the ass and ALL of the people involved so far have been... PATIENT / UNDERSTANDING AND HELPFUL.

So despite my bad luck, it seems as if everything so far is on the straight and narrow and well on the way to being rectified / corrected :bigthumbsup Will keep you guys posted not because I want to discuss my personal issues / tribulations but because I want to share how well (or not) the entire customer experience is with all company's involved. So far though, OctaneMotorsports and Seibon get :bigthumbsup:bigthumbsup

On a side note, I wimped out and asked Dee to ship the BLACK hood instead of the one with SILVER threads. I did get a LOT of great compliments on that silver hood though... but christ, I'm so anal about things matching :hihi:

Attachments

·
Registered
12,243 Posts
I am glad ot hear that so far it looks as if Seibon and OctaneMotorSports is standing behind their product. Do keep us informed of how it goes.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
** Update **

Well, believe it or not, I've finally received my hood. It's been over 4 months since I've ordered, received and sent back the original hood I ordered due to shipping damage.

The moral of the story kids is this: INSPECT YOUR PARTS CAREFULLY WHEN DROPPED OFF FROM A SHIPPER BECAUSE IT'LL BE A HUGE HEADACHE IF THERE IS AN ISSUE WITH SAID PRODUCT AND YOU ACCEPT IT AND THEN WANT TO FILE A CLAIMS.

Even if you call 1 hour later, it doesn't matter... once you accept a package, the claims process becomes a major headache (the fine folks at UPS were very clear about this).

Also, SPEC-D TUNING, the company that shipped out my hood, filed the claim late (supposedly because the person just happen to leave THAT week that was taking care of my hood). Be courteous but constantly follow up with those involved so that you're updated and knowledgeable as to what is going on. I felt like I was project managing the entire 4 months between Octane, UPS and the freight company.

Anyway, my project (Mustang) is done. It's been fun modding and chatting it up with you all. :wavey

P.S. I did get my boomtubes but still have to have them installed. So I guess I can't fairly say the project is "done" but I will say it's VERY CLOSE to done :hihi:

Attachments

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Congrats on getting the mess resolved. The car looks great. How was the fit??
Thanks for the compliment. The fit was perfect. I have a feeling the first hood I was shipped was the last hood they had available and was definitely from the bottom of the barrel. The new hood is spotless / flawless and the the gap on both sides are evenly / perfectly spaced.

I can't recommend Octane Motorsports because while they were cordial every time I called, their "out of sight, out of mind" mentality was the last thing I needed (not like this was a $5 part). If it wasn't for me calling every week / 2 weeks, this probably would've gone no where. As it was, it took about 3 months to get this resolved and this is with diligent follow up from my end.

On the other hand, the UPS freight guys (out of Syracuse) were absolutely FANTASTIC. These guys followed up with me (even the driver called me once) and they had NOTHING to gain out of the situation; they just wanted to see a regular Joe like myself not get screwed out of $800+ USD.

The company that supposedly Octane orders through is Spec-D Tuning and I will say, NEVER use them or another company that has to go through them. They sent me a HORRIBLE hood in the first place and then it was mainly because of them and their late filing that I had to wait for as long as I did (according to the information of everyone else involved).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.