Ford Mustang Forum banner

Customer Service Experience with Seibon / OctaneMotorsports

1449 Views 5 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  daryle
** If you want backstory on the whole hood, you can find it here in this thread: http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/2005-talk/107137-carbon-fiber-hoods-decent-prices.html **

I put the new hood on and noted a small crack in the corner. I didn't think much of it other than I got a less than perfect hood until a friend who knows about CF hoods said, "You should report that and have it looked at". I reported it to OctaneMotorsports and Seibon and had it looked at by 2 professional body shops and 1 custom fiber guy.

I had a crack in the corner of the hood from shipping (covered by a piece of wood, ironically, used to protect while shipping). Two shops and a custom fiber guy all said to have the hood replaced or money back... none of them would touch it for repair. On top of that, they all pointed out other areas of concern which I'll include as attachments.

Called Octane (and CC'd Seibon as well) and Dee has already put in the claim. So far, I gotta say, while not being a pain in the ass (my hood is damaged apparently so I'm well within my rights), I'm a pain in the ass and ALL of the people involved so far have been... PATIENT / UNDERSTANDING AND HELPFUL.

So despite my bad luck, it seems as if everything so far is on the straight and narrow and well on the way to being rectified / corrected :bigthumbsup Will keep you guys posted not because I want to discuss my personal issues / tribulations but because I want to share how well (or not) the entire customer experience is with all company's involved. So far though, OctaneMotorsports and Seibon get :bigthumbsup:bigthumbsup

On a side note, I wimped out and asked Dee to ship the BLACK hood instead of the one with SILVER threads. I did get a LOT of great compliments on that silver hood though... but christ, I'm so anal about things matching :hihi:

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts
I am glad ot hear that so far it looks as if Seibon and OctaneMotorSports is standing behind their product. Do keep us informed of how it goes.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.