Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys its me again still working away on my conversion. This week is finally the week the dual goes on (next Thursday to be exact,25th). I bought my X pipe and I have the axle pipes and mufflers -very near brand new- off a GT. I'm pretty near ready to go except for the cut in my rear bumper. My girlfriends dad does body work and he is going to put the cut in, my question is:

A) Does anyone know the measurements? Like how far in the bumper does the cut go?

and

B) if I put this cut in my bumper mirror to here the stock cut is will I later be able to buy a GT bumper cover and have it fit on without adjusting my mufflers?

·
Registered
954 Posts
Ok 1. To get a exact match from your other side, use a piece of paper and lots of masking tape to get an exact line up. Total time, 10 min.

2. The exhaust should be able to stay the same for the GT bumper as long as you measure carefully. If it's a little off, mufflers are pretty easy to adjust.

Happy Modding!

·
Registered
11,864 Posts
make the pattern off the rt side, flip it over and use the body lines to get it close, then tripple check and measure from everywhere. you can go off the frame underneath, lic plate hole ect. the cut up goes just about to the line in the bumper, you can use the curve line on the bumper too when you make the pattern.

Attachments

·
Registered
42 Posts
if i am not mistaken, you can go to the pypes website and get a template t use to cut the bumper. i downloaded it, just haven't had time to get the duals put on.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks alot guys the advice, really helped. And I'm glad to hear that the GT Bumper cover should also be able to fit over the existing duals when the time comes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.