Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
My exhaust is headers, x-pipe, mac mufflers straight out the back. But i want it a little bit louder the cheapest way i can so i was wondering if you guys thought i should do cutt-offs or turn downs. i fugure at the most a muffler shop will charge $50 for either.

Thanks.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Turn downs would be great ,nice and noisy echoing underneath the car letting everyone know you are coming... But if you have emissions where you live they might get a little upset about your lack of easily accessible tailpipe to hook up the sniffer and fail you I know they do that where I live in Arizona... But hey if you don't have emissions go for it man! Also MAC sells a turndown kit so you won't have to got to a muffler shop...

G

·
Discussion Starter #3
how much is the turn down kit from mac. I live in SC there are emissions laws but there not too strongly enforced from what i understand.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Mac has a set from 50Resto that will run you $190.00 for 2.5" and around $240.00 for 3". They should easily take at the MOST 30 minutes to install... Really easy. Also Arizonas emissions laws are a little tougher seeing as though we are right next to lovely California home of the smog nazis... The Carolinas have gotta be a little easier...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.