Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so the other day my intake manifold cracked and leaked coolant so i replaced it yesterday with a pi manifold and everything was good for a bit until i started driving it to my friends house the "service engine soon" light came on and it was shaking alot so we used my friends tuner to see what was up and it gave us code "p0303 cylinder 3 misfire" so i wanna know what i can do about this and how much it might cost plz help me!! :confused:

·
Banned
9,216 Posts
pull the plug check it for discoloration/sopaked in oil/coolant.

check the plug wires.

·
Registered
5,329 Posts
Like above, pull the plugs, see what they look like, make sure the coils are working well, and check the impedance on the wires.

·
Banned
9,216 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok but idk exatcly what plugs those are
u dont have some type of diagram of what number the plugs are?

·
Registered
203 Posts
if facing the engine on the outside, the 3rd plug would be on the left side 3rd from the front. more than likely the coil pack has gone bad. most of the time that is the problem. you should still check and replace the plug. if that doesnt solve the problem then your coil pack will need replacing. A way you can check to see if its the coil pack is to switch the coil packs. if the misfire moves to another cylinder, then its the coil pack, if not, there is another problem. good luck.:bigthumbsup

·
Banned
9,216 Posts
ok but idk exatcly what plugs those are
u dont have some type of diagram of what number the plugs are?

im messing with ya..just #3 like described above

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well i really hope its the coil pack cuz i dont want it to be anything serious and 05horse i was actually gonna go and do what u told me hahahaha looks like i was getting pranked on by u lol:gringreen

·
Banned
9,216 Posts
pull a few plugs and compare

like 1 3 5 or something and jsut compare 1 and 5 to 3.

·
Registered
2 Posts
to do a tune up on a 03 4.6 i can just loosen the fuel rail and move it to the side right? that way i can get the coil and plug out. or will the fuel rail not have enough play?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.