Ford Mustang Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, today I went to go start my car and noticed the CEL was on. First time I've had the light so my heart sunk. My car is dyno tuned so I don't have a tuner or scanner, so I headed towards advance. I kept hoping it was just an o2 sensor.

I got to the shop and they scanned the codes, they didn't print it out but there was one for the fan relays (hi and low) which is weird because the fan comes on. So **** that one, I don't care. Another was for something causing a forced shut down. That has happened once or twice, but I just figured it was a little blow by from the supercharger gradually building up on the TB and was planning on cleaning that in the near future. So that's not what I'm worrying about right now. The main thing is Cylinder 6 Misfire.

Now I know misfires typically aren't too hard to fix. I really don't want to get into changing spark plugs because of the reputation these cars have. I bought the car with the blower on it so I'm assuming the plugs have been changed but not 100% sure. There's only 51k on the car so I don't see why coils would be bad but it's an option. That's money though, I don't have a lot of it.

So this is what I'm thinking it is. A few months ago, my car was running a bit lean so I took it to my tuner and we corrected it. Obviously tunes don't change, but I figured maybe I hit the Boost A Pump knob, I don't know how sensitive they are. All was well for a while. WOT is around 11.1-11.3:1. Recently, WOT has been seeing about 13.2:1. I'm thinking the injector is getting clogged and just like before, is starting to get TOO clogged for the amount of fuel it's set to be pushing and is causing the over all reading to be a bit leaner. What really backs up this theory is the fact that my Wideband sensor is on the same header as the #6 Cylinder.

So if this theory sounds logical to anyone else (or sounds stupid), let me know what you think please. If you could recommend somewhere to send my injectors to be cleaned, that would be awesome too.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts