Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So what is the exact mode of failure in cyl. 8 (scuffing, piston skirt, valve contact with piston....)? I was just curious and am the new and very happy owner of a 2012 black GT/CS 6m.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Nooooooooooooooooo!!!! Not trying to tell mods what to do but another cylinder 8 thread is not good.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Yeah try a search. There's about 500 of these posts already.

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
According to a TSB issued by FOMOCO, this is a "normal characteristic" of the motor, as long it has not been modified, then it caused by the modification. The good news is after the #8 takes a dump, it solves all other "normal characteristics" with the engine/transmission :bigthumbsup.

·
Registered
631 Posts
"The good news is after the #8 takes a dump, it solves all other "normal characteristics" with the engine/transmission :bigthumbsup."

LOL

·
Registered
644 Posts
According to a TSB issued by FOMOCO, this is a "normal characteristic" of the motor, as long it has not been modified, then it caused by the modification. The good news is after the #8 takes a dump, it solves all other "normal characteristics" with the engine/transmission :bigthumbsup.

That is a good one. :worship

·
Registered
734 Posts
I'm pretty sure the cylinder #8 failure is caused by opening the hood and/or starting the engine. Both void the entire warranty.

·
Registered
407 Posts
My car was built 4-10 and has been supercharged since it had 1000 miles on it. It now has 4500 and no cylinder 8 issues. I'm convinced it's a tuning issue. Let Amazon Racing tune your car and you won't regret it.

·
Registered
366 Posts
This business is getting out of control. Rumor has it #8 is reportedly busted on a few of the 3.7Ls with tunes. :kooky:

·
Registered
209 Posts
My car was built 4-10 and has been supercharged since it had 1000 miles on it. It now has 4500 and no cylinder 8 issues. I'm convinced it's a tuning issue. Let Amazon Racing tune your car and you won't regret it.
Your producing that kind of rwhp with stock pistons and rods?

·
Registered
116 Posts
This business is getting out of control. Rumor has it #8 is reportedly busted on a few of the 3.7Ls with tunes. :kooky:
I parked my Mustang to close to my wifes car and her engine blew up too, and the lawnmower has developed a tick.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Nooooooooooooooooo!!!! Not trying to tell mods what to do but another cylinder 8 thread is not good.

I agree! Enough of this crap, every day, every forum. No problems with my 2011 in 8300 mi when traded. No problems with my 2012. Just flash tune then do some data logging to make sure. Send data log to tuner to look at.

·
Registered
734 Posts
I started out from a red light yesterday, and all 12 cars around me simultaneously popped out of gear, then 4 of their engines exploded. I think this might be spreading...

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
When I start my car I hear the engine. It must be broken!!!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

·
Registered
498 Posts
I just heard another internet rumor that Ford had so much trouble with cylinder 8 on the V6 they removed it entirely, and to be on the safe side they took 7 as well.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I started out from a red light yesterday, and all 12 cars around me simultaneously popped out of gear, then 4 of their engines exploded. I think this might be spreading...

It is spreading! This happened to me also. When the other engines exploded, it scared me so bad I dumped #8 (worse than a #1 or #2)all over my drivers seat. What a mess to clean up! Think Ford will cover the mess under warranty?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts