Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It all started with the throw out bearing going out in my 96' 4.6l gt. After that was fixed one of the heater hoses blew so i replaced it the the heater core cranked now its bypassed. Now there is a misfire on the passenger side but its not throwing a code. Any clues why? Could the water from the heater hose cause any problems?

·
Banned
3,705 Posts
My intake ('99 all plastic) was leaking coolant into my spark plug wells and causing a misfire. I never got a misfire code from it.

Then... I had some COP's that were going bad and causing intermittent misfires. No code for that either.

Check all your connections and try to determine which cylinder is misfiring.

·
Registered
7,401 Posts
Did you get all of the coolant out of the sparkplug wells from where the heater hose blew? Typically, that's where I'd start. Coolant in there can cause a misfire. If you clean it out, pull the plugs where they've been soaked in coolant and dry them off really well and ensure that the inside of the plug wire boots don't have any residue in them it should take care of the problem. If not, start with typical misfire procedures, and troubleshoot the wires and coils themselves.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts