Ford Mustang Forum banner

21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
@yellow, man Im tired of ford and the way I get treated. Its like because i drive a performance car if their is an issue with it, they seem to always think its driver realted. I just hope I dont have to take the car in anymore for service

·
Registered
585 Posts
....to the other poster that is having problems...the car is running good now...no problems with codes anymore. It really was a simple fix as far as relearning the crankshaft sensor, but I still notice that the trans feels hot around the driver console. I dont think their is a problem but i have never noticed it get that hot before. I still say to my self man it feels hot around the center console when driving. Im really thinking they took out the heat sheild around the console, and didnt put it back in. Im going to try and get under the car and see if i can see anything. Im on vacation right now so when i get back i will look at it
Thanks for the reply that is good news. I found the pdf for the TSB to have the Misfire Monitor Neutral Profile Correction procedure done. Here is the link in case anyone else needs it. I'll be heading to the dealer as soon as I can to have this done.

Let us know what you find out on those heat shields. That would be pretty bad if they left those off but then again after my last service experience nothing surprises me anymore. My center console always felt warm after driving around for a while, especially in warm weather, but never as hot to the touch as I've noticed after I started having this problem. I bet even when everything is normal, things would get pretty hot in that Texas heat so hopefully that is all it is.

Enjoy your vacation.

·
Registered
585 Posts
So the dealer did the TSB to address the misfire and force the crank position relearn and so far so good. I had a chance to have a little fun with the car today and got on it hard a few times and thankfully no CEL light so far. I sure hope it stays this way because the last couple of weeks have not been fun.

·
Registered
353 Posts
I got my clutch, pp/bolts, changed out this week. Just got it home this morning. My CEL light came on and was flashing before it turned off. Could this be what it is? How bad is it to drive around like this before performing the relearning? I can get to the dealer within the next few days though...

·
Registered
585 Posts
I got my clutch, pp/bolts, changed out this week. Just got it home this morning. My CEL light came on and was flashing before it turned off. Could this be what it is? How bad is it to drive around like this before performing the relearning? I can get to the dealer within the next few days though...
In my case I was only getting the CEL flashing when doing some aggressive acceleration where the RPM's would jump above 4500-5K. It would flash and eventually the CEL light would stay on solid. The only way to reset it at that point was by disconnecting the battery and if I drove the car easy after that it would not happen again.

Speak to the service department and ask them if they did the crank position relearn procedure after the work was done or just show and ask them to do it. I would tell them that you've checked with a couple of people who had similar work done and experienced the same problem. Given the work you had done and the misfiring it sounds very close to what the OP and I experienced.

You definitely don't want to be driving around with the misfiring going on unless you want a new set of cats or something else getting seriously hosed.

·
Registered
353 Posts
In my case I was only getting the CEL flashing when doing some aggressive acceleration where the RPM's would jump above 4500-5K. It would flash and eventually the CEL light would stay on solid. The only way to reset it at that point was by disconnecting the battery and if I drove the car easy after that it would not happen again.

Speak to the service department and ask them if they did the crank position relearn procedure after the work was done or just show and ask them to do it. I would tell them that you've checked with a couple of people who had similar work done and experienced the same problem. Given the work you had done and the misfiring it sounds very close to what the OP and I experienced.

You definitely don't want to be driving around with the misfiring going on unless you want a new set of cats or something else getting seriously hosed.
Thanks bud. Yah I drove home today because I didn't have time to get to the dealer but I'm going in tomorrow AM. The CEL light didn't stay on when it happened this morning and didn't come on at all on the way home. We'll see what they say. I'm hoping its this because I don't want something else going on!

F

·
0 Posts
Thanks bud. Yah I drove home today because I didn't have time to get to the dealer but I'm going in tomorrow AM. The CEL light didn't stay on when it happened this morning and didn't come on at all on the way home. We'll see what they say. I'm hoping its this because I don't want something else going on!
Hey emilram11,

My name is Deysha with Ford Customer Service. I’d like to escalate this for you. Could you message me with your dealer, mileage, contact info, and VIN?

Deysha

·
Registered
353 Posts
Hey emilram11,

My name is Deysha with Ford Customer Service. I’d like to escalate this for you. Could you message me with your dealer, mileage, contact info, and VIN?

Deysha
Thanks for the offer Deysha but its already taken care of. Mine was escalated due to the rough shifting. The clutch/assembly, pp/bolts, flywheel were all replaced. This relearning was completed this morning and I drove it a bit without getting the CEL light again. I'm glad I found this thread since it gave me an idea that it was a simple calibration needed -- took 15 minutes. They plugged into my car and found the code matched what we thought it was. Fingers are crossed now for smooth driving!

F

·
0 Posts
Thanks for the offer Deysha but its already taken care of. Mine was escalated due to the rough shifting. The clutch/assembly, pp/bolts, flywheel were all replaced. This relearning was completed this morning and I drove it a bit without getting the CEL light again. I'm glad I found this thread since it gave me an idea that it was a simple calibration needed -- took 15 minutes. They plugged into my car and found the code matched what we thought it was. Fingers are crossed now for smooth driving!
Glad to hear that emilram11. If you ever need me, do not hesitate to message me!:bigthumbsup

Deysha

·
Registered
380 Posts
Glad to hear that emilram11. If you ever need me, do not hesitate to message me!:bigthumbsup

Deysha
For those of you that haven't figured it out yet,
When you post on the Internet it is there for everyone to see for ever.

Deysha is here to help but she is also collecting VIN#'s so they can place them in a data base to track and void your warranty as soon as you mention MOD!
Have you ever heard the saying,
I am here from corporate and I'm here to help you? 99% of the this is BS, Beware!

This is how the BS TSB came out regarding voiding warranty for MOD's and Tuning.

Don't put personal **** on here that can be used against you down the road when ford wants to save a few bucks.

I believe that if you tune your motor and race, it is on your dime and ford shouldn't have to pay to fix it.
But if you tune it because the original tune from ford sucks and your tuning it for daily regular driving to get better performance and the engine blows up then yes ford should warranty the motor? If they can PROVE the tune caused it then NO.

Just saying,:winks

F

·
0 Posts

Deysha is here to help but she is also collecting VIN#'s so they can place them in a data base to track and void your warranty as soon as you mention MOD!
I am here from corporate and I'm here to help you? 99% of the this is BS, Beware!

This is how the BS TSB came out regarding voiding warranty for MOD's and Tuning.

Don't put personal **** on here that can be used against you down the road when ford wants to save a few bucks.

I believe that if you tune your motor and race, it is on your dime and ford shouldn't have to pay to fix it.
But if you tune it because the original tune from ford sucks and your tuning it for daily regular driving to get better performance and the engine blows up then yes ford should warranty the motor? If they can PROVE the tune caused it then NO.

Thanks for your input Deser50Rat. I ask customers for the same info you would have to provide if you were to call in to our Customer Service’s 800 #. The customers I have helped know this and know that I am here to help. Thank you for your concern.:)

Deysha

·
Registered
833 Posts
Thanks for your input Deser50Rat. I ask customers for the same info you would have to provide if you were to call in to our Customer Service’s 800 #. The customers I have helped know this and know that I am here to help. Thank you for your concern.:)

Deysha
We all appreciate your help Deysha and realize it is the same thing as calling the customer service number.

However, you are able to see posts from everyone that you have collected this information on which the customer service department cannot do.

You also did NOT refute his statement about collecting information that could possibly be to deny warranty claims.

Perhaps that was an oversight and you would like to comment further?

Thanks. :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
644 Posts
Keep them stock. :winks

·
Registered
585 Posts
Guys,

It is very simple, if you have something to hide and fear your warranty being voided, well you know what to do. If you don't, then take advantage of the help being offered. I recently had a problem and Deysha offered to help. Within a day I had a customer service rep calling me with a case number and providing updates of how they were working with my dealership to resolve my issue. When it was all said and done they called to follow-up and make sure I was happy with the outcome. The rep even threw in a little something to give me a piece of mind considering the nature of the work done.

It is really up to you to post, or not, details about what you've done to your car or provide the information requested if you run into a problem and help is offered. :nono:

·
Registered
380 Posts
Guys,

It is very simple, if you have something to hide and fear your warranty being voided, well you know what to do. If you don't, then take advantage of the help being offered. I recently had a problem and Deysha offered to help. Within a day I had a customer service rep calling me with a case number and providing updates of how they were working with my dealership to resolve my issue. When it was all said and done they called to follow-up and make sure I was happy with the outcome. The rep even threw in a little something to give me a piece of mind considering the nature of the work done.

It is really up to you to post, or not, details about what you've done to your car or provide the information requested if you run into a problem and help is offered. :nono:
I agree,
Other then the hiding something part, more like being intimidated by corporate Americas greed and not trusting Ford due to the lack of loyalty to their customers.

Lets say someone purchases a new better battery and while installing it the computer stores the P1000 battery code and they void your warranty because they say this was caused by a return tune back to stock from a SCT tuner. They know this because they read on the Internet that people were disconnecting the battery to hide that there was a tune on the car. WTF you can't even replace the battery in your own car without voiding your warranty? Come on Ford!

If a persons modd's their car and beats the crap out of it then its covered under the self funded play and you pay warranty.
If this is not the case you should be able to lighly modd the car and still be covered under warranty for the same failures other people are having that have not modded their car.

This isn't rocket science, come on Ford quit trying to screw your loyal customers and fix your ****, Sheesh. :nogrinner

·
Registered
353 Posts
Deysha
Thanks for the offer Deysha. I appreciated it.

Yah I hear what you are saying. I haven't tuned or done any performance mods on my car and don't plan on it. I would like to do the exhaust swap to gt500 or roush mufflers but with the TSB out on mods I'm having second thoughts. Plenty of people have said there's no way Ford would void a warranty for some mufflers but who knows.

Anyway, was great that I got my stuff fixed. I appreciate having a warranty and am considering buying the extended warranty as an "insurance policy" now that I've had some fixes already and others are having issues. (Though who knows, the issues may be blown out of context) -- I sure hope so...

·
Registered
380 Posts
Thanks for the offer Deysha. I appreciated it.

Yah I hear what you are saying. I haven't tuned or done any performance mods on my car and don't plan on it. I would like to do the exhaust swap to gt500 or roush mufflers but with the TSB out on mods I'm having second thoughts. Plenty of people have said there's no way Ford would void a warranty for some mufflers but who knows.

Anyway, was great that I got my stuff fixed. I appreciate having a warranty and am considering buying the extended warranty as an "insurance policy" now that I've had some fixes already and others are having issues. (Though who knows, the issues may be blown out of context) -- I sure hope so...
I hope so too, Glad to hear yours is fixed:bigthumbsup
Personally I have not modded mine either and the only problem I have is an intermittent knocking/clatter that comes and goes, it just makes me feel bad for the unfortunate people on here that are having issues and Ford is telling them it's normal to burn a quart of oil every thousand miles and a "High Performance Engine makes knocking noises,"It's Normal" and by the way if your transmission doesnt shift correctly they will put a different gear oil in for colder weather and if it doesnt work quit complaining its normal.
Then Ford sends out a TSB stating to void their warranty for any Mods regardless if it caused the actual problem or not when they have to step up and fix it.

Think about it, has anyone here ever seen a TSB for the sole purpose of voiding a warranty, HMMM

F

·
0 Posts
I hope so too, Glad to hear yours is fixed:bigthumbsup
Personally I have not modded mine either and the only problem I have is an intermittent knocking/clatter that comes and goes, it just makes me feel bad for the unfortunate people on here that are having issues and Ford is telling them it's normal to burn a quart of oil every thousand miles and a "High Performance Engine makes knocking noises,"It's Normal" and by the way if your transmission doesnt shift correctly they will put a different gear oil in for colder weather and if it doesnt work quit complaining its normal.
Then Ford sends out a TSB stating to void their warranty for any Mods regardless if it caused the actual problem or not when they have to step up and fix it.

Think about it, has anyone here ever seen a TSB for the sole purpose of voiding a warranty, HMMM
Hi Deser50Rat,

I can escalate this for you and help you get it taken care of. If you’d like me to, message me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, and contact info.

Deysha

21 - 40 of 47 Posts