Ford Mustang Forum banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts
F

·
0 Posts
We all appreciate your help Deysha and realize it is the same thing as calling the customer service number.

However, you are able to see posts from everyone that you have collected this information on which the customer service department cannot do.

You also did NOT refute his statement about collecting information that could possibly be to deny warranty claims.

Perhaps that was an oversight and you would like to comment further?

Thanks. :bigthumbsup
No Timeless, I do not jot down mods mentioned on here (I have lots to do already).:shigrin Plus, most of the customers that reach out to me do not have any mods or are not worried about them because they understand the warranty and policy info. If the mod causes an issue, that specific repair is not covered and if it doesn't you're ok.

Deysha

F

·
0 Posts
Guys,

It is very simple, if you have something to hide and fear your warranty being voided, well you know what to do. If you don't, then take advantage of the help being offered. I recently had a problem and Deysha offered to help. Within a day I had a customer service rep calling me with a case number and providing updates of how they were working with my dealership to resolve my issue. When it was all said and done they called to follow-up and make sure I was happy with the outcome. The rep even threw in a little something to give me a piece of mind considering the nature of the work done.

It is really up to you to post, or not, details about what you've done to your car or provide the information requested if you run into a problem and help is offered. :nono:
Thank you for your input yellowrubiu! :bigthumbsup

Deysha

·
Registered
66 Posts
Get real! Disconnecting battery will not cause that code unless you already put a tune in it! Don't cloud up the internet with mess up information you do not have proof on.

If you are unhappy with Ford, why keep your car? I came from BMW, Mercedes, Honda, Toyota...etc You have not seen how BMW handles their warranty...duh!

All manufacturers have their own respective way to handle warranty issues to filter out bad apples.

Ford representatives are here to assist people who may not want to put up the hassle of calling the Ford hotline.

Don't burn no bridges, did not you learn that in school?

I agree,
Other then the hiding something part, more like being intimidated by corporate Americas greed and not trusting Ford due to the lack of loyalty to their customers.

Lets say someone purchases a new better battery and while installing it the computer stores the P1000 battery code and they void your warranty because they say this was caused by a return tune back to stock from a SCT tuner. They know this because they read on the Internet that people were disconnecting the battery to hide that there was a tune on the car. WTF you can't even replace the battery in your own car without voiding your warranty? Come on Ford!

If a persons modd's their car and beats the crap out of it then its covered under the self funded play and you pay warranty.
If this is not the case you should be able to lighly modd the car and still be covered under warranty for the same failures other people are having that have not modded their car.

This isn't rocket science, come on Ford quit trying to screw your loyal customers and fix your ****, Sheesh. :nogrinner

·
Registered
380 Posts
Get real! Disconnecting battery will not cause that code unless you already put a tune in it! Don't cloud up the internet with mess up information you do not have proof on.

If you are unhappy with Ford, why keep your car? I came from BMW, Mercedes, Honda, Toyota...etc You have not seen how BMW handles their warranty...duh!

All manufacturers have their own respective way to handle warranty issues to filter out bad apples.

Ford representatives are here to assist people who may not want to put up the hassle of calling the Ford hotline.

Don't burn no bridges, did not you learn that in school?
Go back to school:winks
I'm not trying to burn bridges, I'm not the one telling everybody this crap is normal, besides the last time I checked we do still have the rights to "freedom of speech" at least I can back mine up:bigthumbsup

P1000 FORD - On Board Diagnostic System Readiness Test Not Complete

Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
Possible causes
- The vehicle is new from the factory.
- Battery or Powertrain Control Module (PCM) had recently been disconnected.
- An OBD monitor failure occurred before completion of an OBD drive cycle.
- PCM Detected Trouble Codes (DTC) have recently been cleared with a scan tool.
When is the code detected?
If DTC P1000 is triggered after DTCs have been cleared, all engine management OBD diagnostic monitor drive cycles have not been cleared.
P1000 FORD Description
The On Board Diagnostic (OBD) monitors are performed during the OBD Drive Cycle. P1000 is stored in continuous memory if any of the OBD monitors do not carry out their full diagnostic check.

·
Registered
380 Posts
No Timeless, I do not jot down mods mentioned on here (I have lots to do already).:shigrin Plus, most of the customers that reach out to me do not have any mods or are not worried about them because they understand the warranty and policy info. If the mod causes an issue, that specific repair is not covered and if it doesn't you're ok.

Deysha
:nono:

I have contacted customer service twice and they tell me never heard of any knocking or ticking problems with the 5.0.
My dealer also told me there was nothing they can do to fix it because Ford is denying there is a problem.
Hmmm

Lordkoo,
If you don't know what your talking about keep your BS comments to yourself:thumbdown

F

·
0 Posts
:nono:

I have contacted customer service twice and they tell me never heard of any knocking or ticking problems with the 5.0.
My dealer also told me there was nothing they can do to fix it because Ford is denying there is a problem.
Hmmm

Lordkoo,
If you don't know what your talking about keep your BS comments to yourself:thumbdown
Remember Desert50Rat, they do take hundreds of calls a day and they don’t personally track customers concerns. You should bring your vehicle in to a different Ford dealer for a second opinion and PM me your VIN, dealer, mileage, and contact info so I can escalate this for you.

Deysha

41 - 47 of 47 Posts