Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my buddy who works at the dealership calls me up, "Hey, you didn't want the spoiler on your car, did you?"

I chuckled at his sense of humor. Imagine that crazy guy... what a quick wit. Knowing that my VOC said Spoiler Delete on it, and here he is trying to pull a fast one. What a kidder.

He wasn't joking.

:eyebulge:

:what:

:shocked:

:sosad:

:sadcry:

:madas:

So now my GT vert has a spoiler after all. I don't know how it happened- don't really care. The fact is my car has a spoiler. I guess I just have to get used to it. It certainly doesn't look bad, I just think that on a vert it detracts from the lines of the car somehow. I can't explain it. I'll get used to it in time. You'd think though, that for $34K and having to wait months to get it, they'd get it right.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
I wholeheartedly dissaggree....

I wouldn't have bought one without the spoiler.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Congratulations !!

:clap:bouncerCongrats drbino on the arrival of your new baby! Sorry to hear (see?) that Ford messed up once again. I have the 3dCarbon 3-piece duck tail spoiler on order. I never liked that Ford OEM one from the start. If you can live with a duck tail (pretty nice looking... not retro like the CDC or SSE) I'm pretty sure it covers the factory spoiler holes. Just a thought. Again, congrats! :wavey

·
Registered
599 Posts
I also have the 3d carbon ducktail coming and it does cover the spoiler holes.(or so they say) I deleted my spoiler myself, and I think the car looks better without it. Good Luck.

·
Registered
13 Posts
It is not difficult to remove it, weld, fill and paint. Less than $700.00 is the retail price at any good body shop so if you make an issue of it at the dealer it would cost them very little to make you happy.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I like the spoiler.I also like cdc ducktail.I do not like the fact that it is held on with 3m tape though.I think the stang looks weird with nothing on the back.jmo:cool:

·
Registered
151 Posts
As somebody that waited for 6 months for my vert, I say feel lucky to have one and deal with the spoiler. To tell you the truth, I had thought about doing the spoiler delete on mine but then changed my mind. I think the spoiler looks great now. Good luck and enjoy your new vert, you're gonna love it with or without the spoiler. :kooky:

·
Registered
483 Posts
Congratulations on your new mustang!

My dealer screwed up my order also, so don't feel alone. I like the "spoiler". But that's just me.

The ducktail might look nice on a vert, and it will cover the holes. Cheaper than filling/sanding/priming/painting. (although you can still sell the spoiler!)

~Mo

·
Registered
28 Posts
drbino said:
So my buddy who works at the dealership calls me up, "Hey, you didn't want the spoiler on your car, did you?"

I chuckled at his sense of humor. Imagine that crazy guy... what a quick wit. Knowing that my VOC said Spoiler Delete on it, and here he is trying to pull a fast one. What a kidder.

He wasn't joking.

So now my GT vert has a spoiler after all. I don't know how it happened- don't really care. The fact is my car has a spoiler. I guess I just have to get used to it. It certainly doesn't look bad, I just think that on a vert it detracts from the lines of the car somehow. I can't explain it. I'll get used to it in time. You'd think though, that for $34K and having to wait months to get it, they'd get it right.
Why don't you have the dealer order you a new trunk lid with no spoiler. At his cost of course?

·
Registered
886 Posts
or swap one over from a v6 if he has a matching one on the lot. You get what you wanted, and he gets to tack on a fee to the V6 buyer. - just make sure they swap the medallion on the trunk!

·
Registered
169 Posts
I also did not like them at first, now I do though. Without it there's too much of a straight line running all the way back.

·
Registered
66 Posts
When I was looking for an 05 GT I did the Ford website search for cars in my area with spoiler delete only. I found a dealer that had two one white and one black both identical in options. I called to see if they were in stock and only the black was in so I went there. I got there and discovered the car was sold but they offered to get me the exact car in one day. I agreed but under the strict condition that it did not have a spoiler! The next day I got the call and guess what?...it had a spoiler. I was pissed off since i told them about ten times I did not want the spoiler. Well, they had a V6 in stock same color without a spoiler and I aske for them to swap the decklids and they did.

In my opinion, the car is too chunky in the back for the pedestal type of spoiler that comes stock. Especially since the car sits so high in the rear.
This car is best suited for a duck-tail or no spoiler at all.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just wonder if Henry Ford had "Incompetence" as his middle name

That sucks. As you said, if your paying 34K for a car that you had ordered to your specs, the least they could do is get it right. That seems to be fairly common, at least at the dealership level:sterb: . I know the morons that entered my order almost F'd it up as I specifically ordered and left off different things on my Mustang. Luckily I checked the confirmation and noticed they messed up when placing the order. The dealership corrected the order and luckily it came in exactly how I wanted it. Now on the other hand, I wouldn't have mine without the spoiler, but I guess that just personal preference. Enjoy the stang.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well I got the car and it looks pretty sweet. I think the spoiler is growing on me. ;)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hi Drbino,

I think I went thru close to the same :eyebulge: as you, for very similar reasons.

For the past 10 years I had planned on finally ordering a Cobra (none for sale at this date) WITHOUT a Spoiler.

Time came to buy a GT, and there sure weren't many to choose from - much less without spoilers. I had heard of others' waiting for months for their rides, so it was either going to be "in stock" or no car.

Then I stumbled onto a car in a dealer's front lot, had been sitting there for weeks with no takers. I balked at its spoiler, but it grew on me during the week I took to make up my mind. Now I wouldn't have it without the spoiler. Something to do with the balance of the car which is slightly inclined down in the front. Also, with the tan top, the spoiler keeps the car from looking top-heavy by catching your eye and lengthening the car visually. The opposite of what I feared it would do by gumming it up. :cool:

It should look surprisingly similar to your ride?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v47/richardoren/2d09f3d4.jpg

·
Registered
69 Posts
I got screwed. I told the ford delaship to NOT instal the spoiler. THey did it anyway to charge me for it. A-holes. I hate it and now how to fill the holes in order to put the CDC ducktail spoiler.
drbino said:

He wasn't joking.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts