Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, so mine's not exactly a daily driver, but I get to take it out at least 3 times a week if I'm lucky. There are at least two places on my regular commute where I have the opportunity (and sometimes necessity) to punch it.

Chirping tires, thundering exhaust, some may call 'spirited driving' in these cars showing off. I simply call it using the car's potential to maximize my driving experience. This motor loves to sing, and has never left me wanting for more power in a typical driving situation. I'm sure the V6 drivers feel the same way about their rides.

Sure, I speed a little just like everybody else, but I don't race on the street or drive recklessly. Fortunately I live and drive in an area where the American road still allows one the rare chance to enjoy the simple pleasures of driving a muscle car. :D

·
Registered
142 Posts
Not my daily driver,

but i've definatly found that in order to have fun in these cars, you have to keep the revs up...this engine loves to wind up the rpms, and those who haven't wound it up really havent experienced the full potential of this car

·
Registered
459 Posts
I mean I bought a Mustang as a DD for a reason. It sure wasn't to drive it like a Camry all the time...

It's been at the dealer for a week now and I miss the torque terribly.

·
Registered
588 Posts
My stang is my only car and I WOT once a day. If I don't WOT once a day I get withdraws. Living in the country where I might see a total of 10 cars on my to work(15miles) I don't have to worry much about traffic. I usually give it to her on my way home which then gives me that sweet motor smell.

·
Registered
116 Posts
My car is my daily driver but I live on an Navy base where the max speed limit is 25 so I never get a chance to open her up on base. I have however noticed that I am making many more runs into town to pick stuff up any other excuse I can think of to go for a drive. To answer your question, I go WOT more than I should!!!! The car seems much happier that way!!! :yelpleased:

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
I get more chances at highway speed to let her run but I love the low gear launches. To fill that need, sometimes I'll let traffic ahead of me pull away a safe distance when the light turns green. I'll dump the clutch, the back end squats and the front comes up. It looks like its gonna eat the car in front of me.

·
Registered
6,803 Posts
WOT from a dead stop about 4 times a day, in the "back roads" to and from work. I did one the other other day, not realizing a Sheriff's Deputy was right next to me, but I leveled off to the posted speed as soon as I reached it, and he didn't appear to care. (WHEW)! Otherwise, I go WOT a few times a month on the open freeway, though I'm increasingly more selective with where I do it, as I have been tagged twice.

·
Registered
506 Posts
o ya, wot where i can. my commute involves a set of lights and 2 stop signs so i usually wind er out up to 3rd gear then coast down the hill to work which took me 3 minutes and 45 seconds to get to this morning. if you dont use there is no point in owning a pony

·
Registered
6,803 Posts
My car is my daily driver but I live on an Navy base where the max speed limit is 25 so I never get a chance to open her up on base. I have however noticed that I am making many more runs into town to pick stuff up any other excuse I can think of to go for a drive. To answer your question, I go WOT more than I should!!!! The car seems much happier that way!!! :yelpleased:
You're only one hour west of me.

I wouldn't go WOT anywhere in your locale, except maybe on that paved farm road that parallels I-8, just a little south of NAF, between the Forrester and Seeley exits. Otherwise, hit the 111 northeast of the Salton Sea, or SR-2 (I think); the one between Ocotillo and the Julian/Borrego Springs junction near SR-22 and 78. LOTS of fun empty space in there. A little lumpy and a lot of twists here and there, but MIGHTY fun and about 95% free of any human life, especially at this time of year.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Wot

No my DD, but every chance I get I floor my car. It's addicting to kick out the back end @ 80mph. :rockwoot:

·
Registered
54 Posts
OK, so mine's not exactly a daily driver, but I get to take it out at least 3 times a week if I'm lucky. There are at least two places on my regular commute where I have the opportunity (and sometimes necessity) to punch it.

Chirping tires, thundering exhaust, some may call 'spirited driving' in these cars showing off. I simply call it using the car's potential to maximize my driving experience. This motor loves to sing, and has never left me wanting for more power in a typical driving situation. I'm sure the V6 drivers feel the same way about their rides.

Sure, I speed a little just like everybody else, but I don't race on the street or drive recklessly. Fortunately I live and drive in an area where the American road still allows one the rare chance to enjoy the simple pleasures of driving a muscle car. :D
Best quote yet!! I'll have to tell my wife that one:hihi:

·
Registered
116 Posts
You're only one hour west of me.

I wouldn't go WOT anywhere in your locale, except maybe on that paved farm road that parallels I-8, just a little south of NAF, between the Forrester and Seeley exits. Otherwise, hit the 111 northeast of the Salton Sea, or SR-2 (I think); the one between Ocotillo and the Julian/Borrego Springs junction near SR-22 and 78. LOTS of fun empty space in there. A little lumpy and a lot of twists here and there, but MIGHTY fun and about 95% free of any human life, especially at this time of year.
Tell me about it. The roads around here suck. I have been on all the roads you have mentioned and then some. I love driving 94 to and from San Diego too. I have yet to take it up toward Palm Springs on the back roads (S-2 I think) a friend of mine drives it and says its awesome. I have the wife talked into taking it this weekend, but I have to take her to the outlets up there. I think thats a fair trade.:winks

·
Registered
837 Posts
At least twice a day on the on-ramp to work and back. Or, if nothing else, right after I get on the freeway because for some reason, people don't understand that they are MERGING onto the freeway and should probably speed up.

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
I took my v6 out to Autocross on Sunday and apparently the sidelines told me I put on the best show of any car there. TONS of tricked out rides, limited edition vettes, custom rides, 67 fastback mustang, 67 chevy truck and crazy fast AWD and FWDs. Now, here's why:

My first run I just had fun, drove the car like I never drove her before and before I knew it, I was drifting through second around the bend (a bit outta control) made a cookie around a cone (by accident from too much wheel spin lol) and coming out of the pizza box I launched, spinning my tires all through first and hit 2nd spinning them and BOY, when I went to the first slalom cone I had a trail of smoke behind me and a huge cookie, NEARLY hitting the curb.

The passenger I had in was a Subaru STI racing vet that usually gets 2nd or 3rd best time and I had HIS adrenaline pumping! He got out and said that was the best ride he had ridden in, LOL! The crowd loved my car hahahahaha :bigthumbsup:bigthumbsup:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
142 Posts
people don't understand that they are MERGING onto the freeway and should probably speed up.
+1million! My biggest pet peeve of all the stupid things people do. Granted, it gives us an excuse to hit the loud pedal, but still.

Mine's a daily driver, and I only go WOT about 2 or 3 times a tank, but I'm driving in more congested areas then some of you.

·
Registered
85 Posts
At least twice a day on the on-ramp to work and back. Or, if nothing else, right after I get on the freeway because for some reason, people don't understand that they are MERGING onto the freeway and should probably speed up.
+1. Only time I get to really test out the car between all the LA traffic and slow drivers. I think I baby the dang car, maybe more because I'm afraid to get ticketed.

Drivers in the LA SF Valley can be...special.

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
Funny how many more errands I've needed to run since I took delivery too. :D

My car is my daily driver. I never really plan for WOT yet it seems to be necessary about every other time I get on the highway because someone in a ricer tries to intentionally speed up to cut me off. Too bad I can't see the look on their face in the rear view mirror when they are that far behind me. :hihi:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.