Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was on the highway when out of nowhere a thunder storm started. followed by hail the size of golf balls. with no bridge or shelter in sight for miles there was nothing i could do. I now have dents all over the roof and hood :(!!!!!!!!!!

any suggestions on how to best fix them.

Thank you

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
Sorry to hear that. Hopefully your insurance will cover the damage. Take it to a couple good body shops to get estimates. Maybe even your dealer if they have a good body guy. I had that happen to me once with an old cadi and the insurance covered everything. Hope you get it sorted.

·
Banned
12,436 Posts
Find one of those "paintless dent repair" guys...I had the same thing happen to me once, car was near perfect afterwards and I made about a $800 profit on the insurance claim.(the paintess is much cheaper than a traditional body shop but the insurance company will pay for a "traditional repair")

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
If my hood ever gets hailed out, I will be putting on the Saleen hood. There are nice looking aftermarket options ;)

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
I agree to check with paintless dent removal.My oldest son had four cars repaired that way and you can't tell where the dents were.Get word of mouth to find somebody who works on high end cars like Porsche.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Another vote for the paintless repair option first. I've never had hail damage but did once have a similar sized dent in a door that they made perfect. You can't tell at all that it was ever there.

If you do have to go the full blown body shop, I do like the idea of using it as an opportunity to shop a new hood.

Good luck!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.