Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cant get a straight answer from another site, so Im coming to you guys. The problem is getting a v6 stang to sound good at most rpms is hard, so my options may be minimal. Out of these brands what do you think would sound best with an offroad H or X pipe? magnaflow,flowmaster, pypes(basically flow 40's), or maybe another brand that you know of...
...any help is apreciated, so let me know what you think,, or have heard of .. thanks

·
Registered
70 Posts

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
bigwille said:
I cant get a straight answer from another site, so Im coming to you guys. The problem is getting a v6 stang to sound good at most rpms is hard, so my options may be minimal. Out of these brands what do you think would sound best with an offroad H or X pipe? magnaflow,flowmaster, pypes(basically flow 40's), or maybe another brand that you know of...
...any help is apreciated, so let me know what you think,, or have heard of .. thanks
Sound is soooo totally subjective.

Mufflers are teh MAIN factor, the x/h-pipe only adds a tenor.

x-pipes are generally higher pitched, h-pipes are generally lower pitched. the tips add bass as well.

you can go to mustangexhaust.com and listen for some sound clips, but they're totally going to depend on your sound system.

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
bigwille said:
well here is a v6 with gt takeoffs, custom x, lt headers, and flow 40's, and some engine work done probably. could I get it to sound like this with a flow 40 catback and x pipe? http://www.stangin.com/movie1.mpg
If you want it a little deeper, go with an h-pipe, but that's the way 40s will sound. A lot of people like 'em, some people don't.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.