Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what the cheapest speed limiter remover is and how much it cost and where i can get it

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
$300 for a Superchips Custom Tunes chip from www.vmptuning.com
or unless your really close to a ford maintenance tech guy, they can remove the limiter quick

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
how can a matenance tech do it i went to the ford dealership here and the said i would need a new pcm so explain what you mean please

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
shanestang said:
how can a matenance tech do it i went to the ford dealership here and the said i would need a new pcm so explain what you mean please
you don't need a new PCM.

THe folks most likely to be able to do it for you are going to be either Roush, Saleen or SVT dealers.

Otherwise, they're not likely to have the equipment -they may also play dumb, because they don't want to be sued if you wrap the car around a tree or a minivan filled with kids.

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Im still not understanding why you want to go faster then 118mph in the first place, unless your in arizona and live near the salt flats. not something I would encourage on city streets.

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
lcurle said:
Im still not understanding why you want to go faster then 118mph in the first place, unless your in arizona and live near the salt flats. not something I would encourage on city streets.
He lives in Wyoming, which is even less populated than western Kansas & Nebraska,

Heck, they didn't even have a speed limit until congress threatened to pull their highway funds!

There's more cattle than people/cars!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i live in laramie and i go to wyotech
the reason i want to be able to go faster is because i am tired of beating the hell out of these freakin civics and then having them pass me ,slowly i might add, when i hit the governor at 117 when theirs doesn't hit till 125
that is why i want to go faster than 117

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
shanestang said:
i live in laramie and i go to wyotech
the reason i want to be able to go faster is because i am tired of beating the hell out of these freakin civics and then having them pass me ,slowly i might add, when i hit the governor at 117 when theirs doesn't hit till 125
that is why i want to go faster than 117
Jeez, someone at wyotech should have one!!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i am one of three v6 mustangs i know of out here and none of the other people who have want to do anything with them so they dont have anything done to theirs

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
shanestang said:
i am one of three v6 mustangs i know of out here and none of the other people who have want to do anything with them so they dont have anything done to theirs
The programmers work on any Ford Vehicle.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
do any of you have one i could use or buy for cheaper because i cant afford 300$

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
shanestang said:
do any of you have one i could use or buy for cheaper because i cant afford 300$
E-bay.

I bought a chip for 75 dollars.

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
01greenV6 said:
Ks what brand chip was that, I'm interested in getting a chip and I'm going to start looking on E-Bay.
A DiabloSport chip.

They come up once a week, usually.

Any Ford Chip except the 05s will work.

·
Registered
15 Posts
hey I have a max micro tuner that I bought on Ebay not only did it remove the limiter but added valuable performance. I recommed looking for a programmer on ebay. Mine only cost 150 and and my mustang has little trouble getting up to 125 but anything higher than 125 5th struggles

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.