Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
829 Posts
my two cents

Guys, my input so take it for what it's worth.....

Don't do these kits.

I did one of my SUV's a few years ago in a very expensive kit and although the kit was great it gave the thing a "lessor" appearance than factory pieces do. It grew off of me rather quick. I spent a lot of money taking it out and replacing some serious factory pieces to put it back to original.
Think heavy on this type of purchase, and if you can, look at a few cars with them first. I don't care for the Roush cars "stick on" Carbon Fibre either. They just look "stuck on" no matter what.... Be careful in your decision is all I'm gunna say here. (AND keep saying!)
charl1701 said:
West Coast Performance has Dash Kits on Sale for the 05 and 06 Mustangs

Here is the link if you are interersted:

www.westcoastperformanceparts.com

·
Registered
359 Posts
That web site turns me off, way too many banners that scream click here to be spammed.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Gig4fun,

There must be a huge difference between what you had the bad experience with a few years ago. I bought one from West Coast and installed it. It is very high quality with a lifetime warranty. I have had "Stangers with the IUP look at mine and tell me they like it better than the OEM. I'm sure there are some crap kits out there and I guess you get what you pay for. But in defense of West Coast, they sell some very nice Mustang items and stand behind what they sell.

Attachments

·
Registered
102 Posts
Are all of the chromed components stick-on? Wheel, shifter and dash? I'm not keen on doing the dashboard but I would like to do the wheel and shifter, where did you get your parts?

·
Registered
465 Posts
Redeemer said:
Are all of the chromed components stick-on? Wheel, shifter and dash? I'm not keen on doing the dashboard but I would like to do the wheel and shifter, where did you get your parts?
The wheel and shifter are OEM "Sport Upgrade Package" and the dash is stick on from West Coast. They were able to match the OEM finish. However, I believe West Coast sells the wheel and shifter stick ons.

·
Registered
465 Posts
JerryP said:
Do you have to use a promoter(glue) with the West Coast kits or just clean the area and stick on?:?:
No. Just clean it good with alcohol, line it up (start with passenger side) and attach. I was taking it slow and it took me less than 30 minutes.

·
Registered
415 Posts
I find it a little unbelievable that WCP would start another thread about a sale after all the problems people had getting the V6 Foglight Conversion kit - myself included. Promises were made of ship dates that never happened and credit was never issued by WCP. I had to dispute the charge with my credit card company to get my $400 back.

If WCP has corrected their problems I think they owe people an explaination as to what happened and, if possible, convince people that they will receive good customer service.

Personally, I will never order from them again.

·
Registered
172 Posts
dtwwest said:
I find it a little unbelievable that WCP would start another thread about a sale after all the problems people had getting the V6 Foglight Conversion kit - myself included. Promises were made of ship dates that never happened and credit was never issued by WCP. I had to dispute the charge with my credit card company to get my $400 back.

If WCP has corrected their problems I think they owe people an explaination as to what happened and, if possible, convince people that they will receive good customer service.

Personally, I will never order from them again.
DTW, this thread was started back in November. It was resurrected this morning by stig.

·
Registered
415 Posts
new stang owner said:
DTW, this thread was started back in November. It was resurrected this morning by stig.
Whoops. Sorry about that. But maybe my post wasn't all bad. Someone, like me, could think it is new and place an order without knowing about WCP's recent problems.

Also, I guess I still have some pent up anger over the grill kit.

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
I love mine. And its high quality stuff and doesn't stick out unless you know its not suposed to be this way fromt he factory.

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.