Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody done a Dash instrument lighting swap to LED's on a 1966 Mustang? Any tips? what type of bulbs? Where did you get them from? I'm hoping to keep them the same green colored light as the original (only brighter of course). Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Your green color comes from a plastic lens inside the gauge housing. There are several vendors CJ Pony Parts has amber HW2710. I know there was a company in CA that sold sets of LED bulbs for about $35, but the shipping was really a lot. Sometimes you can get them at car shows. I got 2 as a test for my '68 and love them, paid about $2 each. The last vendor I saw wanted about $8 each.

·
Registered
471 Posts
I purchased mine from whitegauges.net. I got the green led and took the blue lens cover that was over the original bulbs. Very happy with the results plus1..gif

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
I got mine from mustang project.com. WAY better than stock green.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got mine from mustang project.com. WAY better than stock green.
What color are your lights now? I would like to keep the whole car the same color, meaning instruments, radio and shifter lights. As far as I know the instruments use the same bulb as the shifter, I'm not sure about the radio though.

·
Registered
8,022 Posts
A similar colored plastic filter was used over all the bulbs to get the green color no matter where they were located. The only difference in the bulbs is their shapes and wattages; they all made the same light before it was filtered.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts