Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to be redoing an interior for a friend in his 64.5 coupe with vintage burgundy exterior and white interior. The carpet is black and the seats and door panels are white. Would the dash pad also be white in that car?

·
Registered
9,200 Posts
Hello. :) The dash pad should be the same color as the carpet. There was no white interior, strictly speaking. There was white with some color of appointments, or, some color with white appointments, but, no straight white interior. If the door panels are white, but the doors are black, that's black/white. If everything, doors, metal part of dash, etc.. is white, that is white/black. :)

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Veronica! I thought the black carpet was a bit odd on a vintage burgundy, but the painted parts of the door interiors are white as is the dash face, seats and door panels. I don't have the door tag data at the moment and that might answer some of my questions. Would the carpet not originally have been burgundy with a burgundy dash pad? Looks like if might be a white/black from your description. Would the package tray be black as well? I need to check your blog posts - maybe all this info is already there:)

·
Registered
9,200 Posts
Hi again. :)
The Care and Feeding of Ponies: 1965 Interior samples and codes :gringreen

It wouldn't have been a burgundy dash pad and carpet. The interiors were what they were, completely independent of what they body color was. If the car came with interior 46 ( white with black appointments) that interior did not vary based on the body color. The closest to burgundy would have been 45, which is white/red and it was the bright red, which isn't really close at all to burgundy. :)

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Veronica, would the package tray be black on a #46 interior? So dash pad, carpet and maybe package tray black and everything else white including the center console - correct? thanks, Steve

Hi again. :)
The Care and Feeding of Ponies: 1965 Interior samples and codes :gringreen

It wouldn't have been a burgundy dash pad and carpet. The interiors were what they were, completely independent of what they body color was. If the car came with interior 46 ( white with black appointments) that interior did not vary based on the body color. The closest to burgundy would have been 45, which is white/red and it was the bright red, which isn't really close at all to burgundy. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts