Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i notice that my 2000 mustang that i just bought has alot of the vent plastic panels that put the air into certain directions has alot of loose or broken panels. how do i get the plastic panel off. i notice it has two star screws at the bottm of the panel. i took off the shifter panel and took out the two screws. dtill nothing . where are the rest of the release screws or clips . can i repair the loovers on the vent after i finally get it off the car?

·
Registered
135 Posts
if your meaning the center dash trim peice that holds the cd player in place and goes around your heater vent. Theres the 2 screws and the rest are clip in peices that u have to pop out by using a flat screw driver and pry it or pull on it but be carefuly not to break it or the top vents their a bit fragile when takin the peice out. I've already had to replace my entire center peice once.

·
Registered
135 Posts
theres 2 at the top and 2 right below the cd player 1 on each side i beleive. mines a 94 but the interior like almost exactly the same so shouldnt be much 2 different

·
Registered
225 Posts
The vents them self just pop out... They attach where the pivot on the sides.

You could use a flat piece of metal pry from the side very easy tho.

I just had to replace one after a detail shop broke one.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.